Chapter 21

We got back from my mom's and I decided to put the dream I had a few months ago in action. I told her I'd be back in a couple hours. I went to my apartment, grabbed a blanket, some scented candles, and a radio. It wasn't much, but I thought it'd still be romantic.

I went down to the beach. It was about 9 when I started setting things up. I laid the blanket on the sand, straightening and flattening it. I then sat each candle around the blanket, putting something up so they wouldn't get blown out. There was going to be meteor shower tonight. I made sure I did it on an extremely starry night and the falling stars would make it all the better. I sat the radio in the middle of two candles.

When I finally finished setting things up it was about 11. The meteor shower would start at 12:10. I ran to my car, got in. It took 30 minutes to get back to (f/n)'s. 30 minutes back would still give us time to see the shower.

I told (f/n) that it was time to go to my surprise. I told her she needed to get into my van, smirking. She laughed.

I opened the car door, letting her get in. She smiled at me. I went around, getting in. I started the car, driving off. She looked out the window as I drove towards the beach. I knew I loved her. She was too... too... everything not to love her. I needed to call Bob to ask ideas on how to propose. Maybe Wade, but I don't know.

I parked, running to let her out. I opened the door, taking her hand and leading her to the blanket. A smile appeared on her face as she sat down beside me on the blanket. It was time for the shower. I slid my arm around her waist, saying, "(F/n), you should look up right now."

She looked up. I didn't look at the sky. I looked at her eyes. I could see the stars falling right through them. It was beautiful. "Wow, it's gorgeous," she said.

"No, that's more like you," I put my finger under her chin, looking into those eyes. I put my nose against hers, Eskimo kissing her, smiling in the moonlight. Her eyes showed affection.

I moved closer, connecting our lips like magnets. We moved our lips together as if we they were two dancers moving together in a dance floor. They were dancing slowly, happily. I didn't know what to think in that moment, I just thought about making her my wife someday, and someday soon. I just thought about how much she meant to me, about how she was one of the bests thing in my life.

I ventured into her mouth with my tongue, kissing her like if I didn't I never could again. I made my way down to her neck, feeling the warmth on my lips, my world blowing up from those stupid sparks. I noticed her locket and stopped kissing her neck.

I took the locket in my hand, kissing it and smiling. I looked back up at her, a slow song coming on the radio. "May I have this dance?" I stuck my hand out to her as she said yes. I got to my feet and helped her to hers. I held her close as we slow danced to the song, laying my head on her shoulder. I never wanted to let go. I almost began to tear up but I caught myself.

She had one hand on the back of my head and one around my neck. I raised my head back up, putting my forehead against hers. In that moment, I knew for sure that she loved me. I could just tell by the way she looked at me.

We danced for hours upon hours.