Chapter 30

(F/n) had been pretty sick lately, she has been throwing up randomly. I've tried to comfort her the best I could. After a few days, we made an doctors appointment. I drove her to the doctors office, letting her get diagnosed. After a while they came out with some wonderful yet shocking news. (F/n) was about 3 weeks pregnant.

When we had gotten home and inside, (f/n) began to panic, "Mark, I'm not ready for this, I'm not ready. I don't even know the first thing when it comes to parenting, or what if I have a miscarriage and we lose it completely, or what if...what if... I don't know. I'm completely terrified right now."

I sat on the couch and pulled her down next to me. This baby is ours, and it always will be, and I knew that I loved it. I wrapped my arms around her as she sobbed into my chest. I wiped her tears away with my finger and laid my head against hers, "(f/n), listen. You will be the best mother to our child. I just know you will be. You'll be thee perfect mother, just like you're the perfect wife. Darn, why are you just so perfect?"

This got her to laugh a little, but she still had tears running down her face. I looked her straight in the eye and told her, "You'll be ready when the time comes for you to be. I mean, I should know, I'm a doctor, and I know what's best," I smiled, hoping that she'd be happier. I managed to do a high pitched voice, "But doctor, how are you going to know when she's ready?" And then I said in my manly doctor voice, "Shut up nurse! I'm a doctor, I know what I'm doing."

She really began to laugh then, which made me feel good inside. I put my hand on (f/n)'s stomach, smiling. This was ours, but it didn't know me much, but it would certainly know (f/n). My family would be my everything. "Even though it's not developed much yet, I think it already loves you," I told her, kissing her still wet cheek and Eskimo kissing her nose.