Chapter 29

We stayed out there for a long time. When we got tired of swimming we sat at the shore, letting the waves sweep over our feet.

It was pretty dark now and (f/n) was staring at the moon. The way she looked at it reminded me of the RPG game To The Moon. She asked, "Mark, how did this happen? How did we end up so in love? Was it just, meant to be from the start? Or was it something else? Something...different?"

"I don't know, (f/n), I really don't. My opinion is that everything happens for a reason. And I think this, right now, is the reason for me seeing you draw in the park that one day," I told her, meaning every word.

She gave me a smile but it was bitter, "I bet all the fangirls would kill me if they could right now." I didn't know why she was talking like this. "I'm sure if someone saw me with you and they were a fan they'd go nuts. They probably wish I was dead right now. They'd all think that you were theirs and they're so wrong. So wrong Mark. You are mine. And--"

I couldn't stand how she was talking so I brought her closer to me, kissing her lips, like she had done to me earlier. Our lips moved together slowly, me playing with (f/n)'s hair. She moved closer to me, I could feel our chests touch, and her hands go around my neck.

When I pulled back I looked at her, hoping she would stop talking crazy, "(F/n), those girls don't mean that. They only like me because I'm funny and I play a bunch of video games. They don't know me for me. You know me for me. And that's all that matters."

I could see the tears in her eyes as she pulled me in for another kiss. I kissed her slower this time, more passionate. I picked her up bridal style, taking her back to the hotel room like that. I laid her down on the bed, asking if she really wanted to do this. She only nodded.

We got our bathing suits off. I kissed her, biting her lip gently. She had crawled over and on top of me, kissing my shoulders down to my stomach. We told each other that we loved each other, and that's what I loved about this, we didn't "make love" out of lust, we did it out of love for each other.

She put her forehead against mine, brushing her lips against mine, making me have to raise my head to kiss her.

When it was all said and done, we laid together in bed. I rested my head against hers, letting her use my arm as a pillow. "I never thought love could be this real," she said, closing her beautiful eyes. "It's as real as the stars, (f/n), it's the one true beauty of life. Well no, that's a lie. You're the only true beauty of life," I whispered, kissing her forehead.

We both fell asleep, listening to each other's breaths.