Chapter 24

Today was the day. Yes, that day. I left the hotel, telling (f/n) I needed to do my surprise.

I took a bag out that contained my suit, bow tie, the petals, and the ring. I went down to the lobby and asked the hotel manager if I could sprinkle the petals in the halls and afterwards I'd clean them up. Of course, he asked what for, and I told him that I was proposing.

He gladly have me permission to do so. I started sprinkling the petals in front of our room. I did it down the hall, into the elevator, and out of the lobby door. I laid a piece of paper on the ground where it ended, telling her to get a taxi to take her to the secret location. I went down the sidewalk for a little ways and saw a flower shop, buying a single, beautiful rose.

I got a cab to take me to the Eiffel Tower. Once I got out, I sprinkled the petals on the ground. It took about 30 minutes to do so, but I made it there, the petals leading to where I was standing.

I had to change into my tuxedo in a public bathroom. I looked in the mirror, fixing my bow tie. I made sure my hair looked okay, swerving it to the side, then I made sure my half shadow beard wasn't out of whack. I flattened down my suit.

As I made my way out of the bathroom and to my spot, I called (f/n). She picked up almost immediately, "Yes? Are you ready?"

"Yes. (F/n), I need you to follow the pedals outside the door," I told her, smiling to myself and hanging up.

What was I going to say? How should I say it? Will she like it? My mind was a tornado of thoughts. Just calm down, Mark.

She walked out after about 10 minutes, seeing me. She was gorgeous. The only thing I wanted to do at that moment was hold on to her. She had a surprised look on her face. Then she ran to me, giving me a hug, burying her face in my chest. "(F/n) I..." I was so nervous, my eyes got watery. She was just so beautiful. I couldn't imagine how much of a mess I'd be on or wedding day if I'm tearing up now.

"I don't know what I'd do without you. I want you to be mine for as long as possible. I love you like I have loved no other," I told her, almost fully crying now. I looked into her eyes, hoping she realized what I was getting out, hoping she knew how much I loved her. There didn't have to be any more kittens to make me happy, I just needed her.

I held out a rose to her. I think she got the picture that I got this idea from her painting. I bent down one knee, looking up at her, her eyes tearing up now, they were full of affection and wonder. I pulled out the ring box, opening it for her to see the ring.

"(F/n) (L/n), would you do me the honor of becoming my Mrs. Fischbach?"

She nodded her head, full on crying now. I smiled from ear to ear, slipping the ring on her finger. I lifted her hand, kissing it softly.