Chapter 11

I went up to the door and knocked a couple of times. After I had waited for a couple of seconds, (f/n) had opened the door. She looked awful. Not like she was ugly, but she looked like she had gone through hell.

"Oh, hi Mark. Come in," she said as she let me in. I gave her a look, trying to show her I cared. "(F/n), are you okay? You don't look so good."

She looked down at the floor, shaking her head while she sniffled. She had tears streaming down her face. What had happened?

She sat down on her couch and sobbed, "I-I'm not o-okay, Mark. I'm just not a-anymore."

I couldn't take it. I sat next to her, opening my arms. She fell into them, tears streaming down her beautiful face. I put my arms completely around her.

Once she stopped crying, I asked her what had happened. She told me about her boyfriend. Her now ex boyfriend. Apparently he was jealous just because she was talking to me, yet he went behind her back and was cheating on her. He had been drunk and he had stabbed her with a fork in the stomach. She had showed me the stab marks and the bruises. I felt anger flare in my body. I told her everything would be alright.

I looked into her eyes, "(f/n)..."

"Yeah, Mark?"

"You know, I would never do that to you, right? And that time we were on the phone, I didn't really tell you what I was thinking. We've known each other for a little whiles now and... well I just," it was hard, trying to say this. "I like you, (F/n), I do. That night when I opened up to you about my life, when you opened up to me, that felt like the most amazing thing in the world to have someone want to tell me their story. What I really was thinking about was... well why don't I just show you."

I leaned, touching my nose to hers, locking eyes with her. I gently took her hand, intertwining her fingers with mine. I closed my eyes, smelling her sweet fragrance, leaning forward. I connected our lips together. The feeling was amazing. Her lips were soft. The feeling was like the feeling of a bow on a violin. It was so natural. It was like the most natural thing on earth.