Chapter 27

It was late spring, and I had payed for a private wedding, this priest letting us use his land for it. He would be the one to marry us. The aisle was a pathway for rose petals and there were cherry willow trees shedding their flowers.

My mom and Tom were sitting in some seats, and I had chosen Bob for my best man since he had helped me with ideas. Wade was sitting by Tom. (F/n)'s sister was her maid of honor and her grandma was walking her down the aisle.

As soon as (f/n) began walking down the aisle, my eyes began getting misty. I had the biggest, stupidest grin on my face. She was a swan, swimming in the lake so gracefully. It was as if I could see nothing else but her.

I was wearing my tux and Wilford Warfstache bow tie. She had her hair up in a bun that reminded me of Cinderella, the veil laying across her beautiful face. She brought her hand up to the locket as she walked. Her grandma handed her off to me and she stood next to me, looking into my eyes. It was all of a sudden time to share vows. I held her hands, "(F/n), I have known you for little over a year now, and I cannot describe to you, how amazing being with you is. I vow to love you for all eternity, to love and help you throughout our journey together. I promise to you, I will believe you and support you in everything you do. I always have," I told her as I felt the tears run down my cheeks. I sniffled, smiling.

She wiped my tears away with her soft fingers. "Mark, I promise to you that you will always have my heart. No one can take that away." She gave me a speech like I had given her. We exchanged rings, and the priest announced, "I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

I smiled, lifting her veil over her head, I kissed her lips softly, like velvet. I loved more than I ever had. If I looked like this on our wedding day, I couldn't imagine how I'd look and feel if we ever raised a family.