Chapter 23

It had been a few months after that night and I had something big planned. I had called Bob to help me. I didn't ask him ideas because I knew where we'd go. I just looked at the painting of the Eiffel Tower and automatically knew. Although, I didn't know how to make it surprising.

I asked him if he has any ideas on that. He said not to tell (f/n) where or when we would go. Of course I knew that though. He said to find something to distract her with. I remembered the earphones I had bought the day I met her.

I got on my phone, putting sweet songs into a playlist. I went out and bought fresh rose petals that would last awhile. I custom ordered a bow tie that looked like Wilford Warfstache's mustache, and bought a new tuxedo.

I even went out one day to find a ring. I walked into Jared's, yes you can say it, "he went to Jared's". The jeweler saw me and asked if I was looking for anything specific. "Uh, yes, an engagement ring actually," I said.

She smiled, leading me to some rings. I saw one that even I really liked, it was a princess cut diamond and I knew she'd love it. I knew it would make her have the biggest grin on her face. I gladly pointed it out and she took it out for me. It was $1K, but of course I bought it.

I left Jared's and then sat in my car for a couple of minutes. I got on my phone and ordered some plane tickets to Paris, France. This was going to be a big surprise.

A few days later, my suit and tie came in. I went ahead and packed mine and (f/n)'s clothes. Hoping she wouldn't notice an extremely small dent in her wardrobe. I put the petals, which were in a bag, and the ring in my suit case, trying to hide them.

Two days later, I told (f/n) to put the ear buds in. She listened. I led her to the car, letting her in, then got in myself.

We drove for a couple of hours and ended up at the airport. I wouldn't let her take the earbuds out. She looked confused. We got through security after a long time.

Finally we got on the plane. I was exhausted, the whole airport adventure a blur. It was as if Slenderman was trying to suck all my energy out. The last thing I remember was falling asleep on (f/n)'s shoulder.

When I woke up, we were getting off the plane. I held (f/n)'s hand as we got our luggage and headed out to the hotel.

As soon as we got in our room, (f/n) took the earphones out of her ear, "Mark, where are we? You barely let me get a good view of the place."

"(F/n), we are in Paris right now," I told her, putting a smile on my face.

"What?" She squeaked in happiness. I think I made the right decision. I knew everything would get better from here.