Chapter 22

At about 5 I gathered up the candles, radio, and blanket up, putting it in my car. We drove back to (f/n)'s house, changing into our pajamas. We laid together in her bed, even though we weren't very tired. We were talking about Slenderman.

"Well, what if Slenderman doesn't mean to kill everybody he meets, he just want to be their friends, but he gets over excited and sucks their souls up by accident?" She wondered.

"Yeah, but it's obvious he plans for them to run into him so that he can take their soul because he wants it."

She smiles, shaking her head at me. When her hair fell in her face I moved it back behind her ear. She leaned forward, kissing my lips. She then laid her head back on my chest. I loved when she did that. "Mark, tell me a story."

"Okay, (f/n)," I responded. I didn't really know what to say, so I told our story instead. "Well, one time, there was a man walking through the park. He was on his way to his car, but something caught his eye. It wasn't a something though, it was a someone. He walked up to a young woman with (color) hair and (color) eyes. She was, well, she was beautiful. They talked about how she owned a store to sell art, then she gave him the drawing she was working on of a butterfly. I'm sorry I'm not good at telling this story," I felt myself blush in embarrassment.

"No, tell more, please," she pleaded and I couldn't help but say the rest.

"The man was fascinated by the girl. He didn't know it but he loved her more than anything in the world. The two people fell in love slowly, like how the earth turns constantly, their love was constant. It couldn't be controlled. They painted each other's body and made many different colors together, they placed their hands on each other as if they never could again. They even danced until it was 5 am. Then they laid together, talking about Slenderman, wondering if he really meant to be mean. But finally, they both became to tired to stay awake. He kissed her on the head," I said as I kissed her forehead, she smiled sleepily, "And said 3 words. I love you," I closed my eyes and laid my head on hers.

I fell asleep, lying beside her. Why was she so different. I couldn't explain it. I couldn't understand how she could fall in love with a dorky gamer like me. I wonder if she ever wonders the same things. Because I have an answer for her, I really do.