8. Oceans

"How the fuck did we end up in San Diego!? Our school is in L.A. I mean... that's why is called UCLA!" I said terribly upset on the phone.

"Lily... calm down, I know it was a surprise for you but trust me it was too for all of us"

"I mean, I like San Diego but... how the fuck do I tell my father that the graduation ceremony moved to San Diego because the stupid dean got into a messy scandal? And... where the fuck is the ceremony place? I swear Charlotte... I want to kill everybody"

"I know... it was very reckless from them but at least they're gonna pay for the inn"

"They better do that... I mean Anaheim was closer to L.A. than San Diego... and just a few days before the ceremony! Terrible organization"

"My parents are very upset too and I heard there are plenty of complains from the parents, but anyways the invitations arrived today so, there's the whole information"

"I don't know where the hell is La Jolla" I said as I was reading the invitation.

"My mom says it's a part of San Diego... I really don't know but... we'll find out on Saturday. Try to relax, this is the last time we're going to be all of us together and after the ceremony off to the beach. Come on, tell me it doesn't sound nice"

"Well... you're kinda right" I said more relaxed.

"I'm Charlotte... you know I'm always right" She said and I let out a soft chuckle.

"Come on, cheer up Lily, I know you hate these kinds of situations but let's have the best attitude... plus, what if you find something very interesting in San Diego? You never know" She said with a playful tone of voice.

"Yeah, you're right... I'll go with my best attitude, plus, I really like San Diego and all of you, my family and some of my new friends will be there with me... once in a lifetime"

"That's right sis! Anyway, gotta go 'cause I have to pick my dress from the store"

"Charlotte dress to kill" I said this time.

"You know me"

"Say hello to everybody from me, see you on Saturday babes!"

"I will and remember... enjoy San Diego"

"I promise I will. See ya"

"Ciao bella" Charlotte said, and both hung up.

So long story short: The class of 1989 of the Art History program from UCLA received new invitations on Thursday, firstly with a formal letter with a long apologise because they changed the location from L.A. to San Diego; at first I thought it was a joke, but when I received a call from one of my friends and then Charlotte's call I confirmed the bad news.

After my rampage I calmed down thanks to what Charlotte told me as I tried to see the bright side of the situation and I called my father to explained everything, but he already knew about this and told me everything was ok and that I should relax ... so I did; later that day I told the guys about the change of plans but they took it greatly, saying that San Diego was more appealing  than L.A.

On Friday morning all of us started to pack everything, since our flight was going to be in the afternoon, but we didn't carry too many things. I chose a purple sequin mini dress for the big day that was going to be covered at some point by my gown. At the end only Chris, Adrien, Andy, Stone and me were the ones who travelled because Jeff had an anniversary with her girlfriend that weekend, and the rest of my band were doing stuff on their own, though they wished me luck.

Our plane took off at 6 pm and we arrived at San Diego almost at 9 pm; as we were tired, we went straight to the hotel, left our things in our bedrooms and then made it to the hotel restaurant to eat something.