25. The 1

RS: "Speaking of fashion... What do you think about females, including members of bands that are replicating or copying your style... this so called kinderwhore aesthetic? Does it bother you?"

Lily: [Laughs] "Well... first of all I don't think this style is exclusively mine because I'm constantly changing and right now, I don't wear too much that kind of clothes, I'm transitioning. And it doesn't bother me at all, because no one is copying nobody. I mean, as a woman I think it's amazing we have the freedom to choose whatever we want to wear without being judge by others. Fashion gives you a lot of empowerment and it also can be used to send a message, and seeing several women just using fashion as they want it's very inspiring".

"And that's it to set her as the fucking Queen of Rock"

"Courtney... it's Kurt on the telephone" Kim Gordon said, as they were in the same hotel room.

"Tell him to fuck off" Courtney answered, still angry.

Kim told something to Kurt and then she hung.

"Hey, Court... you need to calm down" Kim told her, taking the magazine from her hands.

"Well I just can't... What kind of idiot do they think I am? This bitch being perceived as the perfect strong woman  while my future husband tells in the same interview, he dated her?" Courtney said, madly.

"I think you're making a big thing out of nothing"

"Fucking read it" Courtney said while looking for a cigarette.

"You shouldn't be smoking"

"Kim, I love you but give me a fucking break right now please" She answered as she went to the balcony to have a moment alone, as Kim started to read a little bit of the magazine.

RS: "So, we can see from the beginning you were all familiar with each other"

Kurt: "Well, yeah... uhhmmm we're on the same boat and uhhmm, we shared a lot of gigs together before all this"

RS: "So, we could say you're all friends or just acquaintances?"

Kurt: "Well, I think Lily, Eddie, Layne and Chris are good friends. I can say I'm just good friends with Lily because we met a long time ago and uhhmmm... dated [Laughs]"

RS: "When was that!? She never told us that"

Kurt: "Oh, please don't tell her I said that. It was a long time ago, but now we're just good friends. I already met the love of my life, Courtney... Love"

Those were extracts of the interviews in the Rolling Stone magazine in which we all participated and that finally saw the light in January 92'. While we all were praised for our professionalism in the issue, there were obviously certain controversy thanks to what Kurt said to the magazine.

First of all was the topic of our past relationship, that until that point I was able to hide from the press; our publicist was forced to give a short answer to the press by confirming this event that happened from 1989 to early 1990. By the time this happened we were having a lot of dates around the country because of our tour, but I was aware that this made Eddie angry, as well as a quote of Kurt declaring that Pearl Jam wasn't alternative as they claimed.

This also caused some troubles in Courtney's and Kurt relationship, as it was well understood that she'd be mad, but they made it work because their wedding was just around the corner, although at that moment nobody was aware of it but them.