28. King Of My Heart

The last day of August our second album was released, surprising everybody but having excellent reviews and sales. I was enjoying Lollapalooza more than ever, as we kicked off the festival with tons of energy from us and the audience; Eddie and I were more relax about our relationship each time, as we were aware everything was going to be confirmed anytime soon; then, on a cold night in Arizona on September 8th, while a lot of people was watching the great Ice Cube on the main stage, Temple of the Dog in their original line up, (including me) took the stage and we all performed Hunger Strike, with some lucky fans that were excited watching all this.

I was so excited and proud seeing my guys killing it with a song I wrote, and that of course they announced it was mine.

When the set ended, we all went to a place near there to celebrate my birthday that was going to be next day, and of course it was photographed; one of the photographs consisted in all of us sitting there, but as we were so many, some of them were...

When the set ended, we all went to a place near there to celebrate my birthday that was going to be next day, and of course it was photographed; one of the photographs consisted in all of us sitting there, but as we were so many, some of them were sitting on the floor, and seeing the lack of space, I decided to sit on Eddies legs as he accepted without a problem and nobody made a joke about it because all of the people there new about it.

Eddie and I knew that this photo was going to be on the newspaper next day, so we just didn't give a fuck and dealt with it; a few hours later, Spencer and Pearl Jam were put on the same plane, as both bands had a performance next day on the MTV VMAs in Los Angeles.

However, since Eddie and I wanted a little bit of privacy, we decided to take another private flight to San Diego, were we already had a reservation in the hotel where Eddie used to work; next day we would be picked up by Andrea, who was going to arrive very early in the morning with a team to helping me with the red carpet look.

Eddie arrived first at the hotel, where he checked in with a nickname, and an hour later I checked in, as I spent a little bit of time in the lobby chatting with the personnel and visiting the chef of the hotel who wanted to ask me about the dinner that Eddie and I were going to have in our suite.

"Do you know if the Princess Buttercup  is here?" Eddie asked to reception through a call, as I took that nickname for checking in on that night.

"Yes, she checked in 30 minutes ago, but she chatted with us a little, signed us things and I can see she's talking to the chef right now" The receptionist answered.

"Thank you so much"

"And... Mr. Vedder..."

"Yes?"

"Miss Doherty insists of calling you... she literally comes here or calls every 5 minutes, she knows you're here"

"Please, please, don't communicate me with her ever" Eddie answered a little bit tired.

"Alright Sr."

"Thanks" Eddie said and the called ended.

When I ended my chat with the chef, as I was making my way to the elevator, I could see the small pretty frame called Shannen Doherty making a  big scandalous tantrum on reception because nobody could get her to Eddie Vedder. I thought this was weird, but before making any assumptions, I decided to just ask him if he knew about this.