9. New Year's Day

WARNING: Extra long chapter :(

"So... this is Alan Frame, a good friend of mine" Susan told us as this young but well-dress guy appeared in the restaurant and shook hands with all of us.

"Nice to meet you guys. I'll go straight to the point... I saw you last night and I was amazed, you're terrific"

"Thanks" We answered shyly.

"What I mean is that we have interest in you... as a band. We want to sign you"

"Wait what?" I said extremely surprised while the rest of the guys had a puzzled expression on their faces and Susan smiled.

"But... I mean how-" Tom could barely said.

"The deal with Atlantic records is that you gave us an EP, we promote it and if the EP is successful then we'll give you a contract to record an album"

"Wait Atlantic Records? Are you kidding me?" Zack asked this time.

"I know, I know it sounds crazy, but we've been tracking you since March"

"So what do you say? Alan is a trusty man from the business, I know him since forever basically and I'll advise you in any legal thing"

"Uhhmmm... wow I mean... we..." Adrien could barely speak.

"I... have to go to the... toilet" I said, looking at my three partners.

"Ok" Adrien said.

"You're terrible. Come with me! Come on! We'll be back soon" I said, dragging the guys with me to the lady's room.

"What the hell Lillian? What are we doing in the lady's room are you insane?"

"Shut up Zack... we have to think about this" I answered him, and we all went silent.

"Ok... so the thing is this: Atlantic Records wants to sign us" Tom added this time, taking a deep breath.

"Which is great" Adrien said this time.

"But signing with a major record label that Atlantic would mean... the end of our concept, I mean... we're supposed to be indie alternative rock and Atlantic is everything but that"

"Lillian come on... don't do this" Adrien looked at me with a very worried gaze because he knew we were going to have trouble if I didn't accept.

"Alright then... we're gonna vote. Who wants to accept the deal?" I asked and immediately Zack, Adrien and Tom lifted their hands.

I let out a heavy sight but I had to accept the majority's decision and so I did.

"Let's return to the table then" I said, and they followed me.

"Here you are again..." Alan said to us in a friendly way.

"So...? Have you thought about the offer?" Susan asked us.

"Yeah..." I said looking at everyone and I continued "We accept"

"Great!" Alan said.

"Very good then! We'll check the contract alright? If you have any doubts just ask me" Susan told us.

Alan and Susan explained us everything that we needed to know about this new contract, and at the end of the meeting the four of us signed the papers, being officially a new band for Atlantic Records and with Alan Frame as our manager.

It was now October and after the summer our popularity grew quickly, until we got to this point. I was still working part time at the café along with a new job as a secretary and I was also dating Kurt since summer, who I was going to pick up at the airport that very same day. Spencer continued playing gigs here and there, and we even recorded some demos in an old record studio that we paid with our savings.