35. Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

WARNING: As usual, a very long chapter .

Disclaimer: All the songs used in this chapter belongs to their authors.

The news of our secret wedding was another bomb to the world, a lot of magazines tried to make an special issue with us as newlyweds, but we rejected those offers, since Eddie and I weren't precisely ready to sell our relationship more than it already was.

Also, it was fascinating and surprising for a lot of people, more for a few ones than others.

"Hey... you ok?" Dave asked.

"Yeah... just... a little bit high that's it" Kurt answered.

"Nah, you're not... I know this is for Lily's wedding"

"Fuck... you start to sound like everybody" He answered, with a heavy sigh.

"It's ok... you don't have to pretend with me"

"Is just... I don't understand why she didn't tell me... I mean, she was here two months ago and... we talked about a lot of things and..."

"Maybe she wasn't engaged yet" Dave added.

"Well... yeah... that could be" Kurt answered nonchalant, but soon his attention was caught by the precious Frances in the arms of her mother, as both of them returned from a day at the mall.

To be honest I didn't know why I didn't tell him; I remembered that the day we spent together working on songs, I felt nice and cool around him, a little melancholic but happy to having him back in my life as a friend.

Of course, I received a letter from the Cobains congratulating me and Eddie for the news, as well as inviting us to dinner once we returned to Seattle; it was kind of weird to be like this with them, but actually it was nice.

We met again until September of the same year, when they appeared as the cute family they were with a gorgeous Frances, as Eddie and I made our first appearance in an event as a married couple at the MTV VMAs of 1993 in Los Angeles.

For that occasion, I decided to wear a long sleeveless black velvet dress with some golden details on the neck, as Eddie decided to attend with his usual style; everybody congratulated us one more time, and I couldn't stop but feel a little weird at hearing "The Vedders"  very often, but, since I adopted his last name, this was totally fine.

That night Spencer won 6 moomen, while Pearl Jam won 3 and also had an amazing performance with the legend Neil Young

That night Spencer won 6 moomen, while Pearl Jam won 3 and also had an amazing performance with the legend Neil Young. After the event, Eddie posed with the band, some beers and their moonmen as I was just laughing at the different poses they delivered, and later we attended the after party, but we left early that night.

"I like it when you use these kind of dresses" Eddie purred in my ear, as he held me tight but gently by my waist.

"Eddie... we're in the elevator" I said with a small chuckle, but still kissing him.