34. Fuck It, I Love You

WARNING: EXTRA LONG CHAPTER (I'm sorry).

"Hey... Firstly, congratulations" He said with his usual smooth voice.

"Don't start now" I said, a little bit embarrassed.

"Come on, you know I mean it" He said as he hugged me.

"Talks the one who's gonna make an unplugged" I said, still hugging him.

"Come in" He said, chuckling and putting his arm around me.

"Where's Courtney and Frances?" I asked.

"They're in California, relaxing a little"

"She knows I'm here right?" I asked again, with a little bit of fear.

"Of course, she called like an hour ago and told me to give you her greetings" Kurt said this time.

It was the beginning of 1993, mid-January to be more specific, and the nominations for the Grammy awards were announced on the 7th of the month, with Spencer owning 5 nominations for our latest work; Nirvana was reached by MTV to appear in an edition of the Unplugged series, and Kurt called me to arranged a meeting so I could help him write something for the performance, and also to invite me to participate as a feature artist in the concert.

For that reason, I visited him in his Seattle home that cold morning, where he congratulated me because of our nominations; Eddie was aware of this, and didn't mind, since we didn't have trust issues and also, on those days he had some work to do for their upcoming album, as the label was pressure them to write something as good as Ten.

"Are you ready for breakfast?" He asked me, as I followed him.

"You bet that... I'm starving"

"You mind if we eat in the garden?"

"No, it's fine"

"Perfect, then" He said, smiling at me, and then we made it to the garden where breakfast started.

"Now... Are you gonna tell me what the fuck happened to your hair?" I asked with curiosity due to the bright color.

"You don't like it"

"I never said such thing..." I said.

"I know your ways, Lily... you don't like it"

"It's not that... is just that... it's too red and... you have a beautiful blonde hair" I said while eating my bacon.

"I'm gonna wash it out as soon as possible"

"No! Oh, gosh..." I said and we both laughed due to his fake drama.

When we finished having breakfast, we washed the dishes and then he lent me one of his acoustic guitars, since we were both left-handed, returned to the garden and we started to talk about a lot of things to try to create something; a poem, a letter that was never to be send, or just random words could work.

"Shit!" I said as I placed my cigarette on the ashtray.

"What happened?"

"I burnt my finger... I forgot that I lit it" I said and we both laughed.

"You want more coffee?" He asked.

"Yes, please" I said and he filled my mug again.

"I've always wanted to know... What's your opinion on Drain You?" He said with a chuckle.

"I never thought I would find that poem you wrote to me in an album... I never imagined it with music... but it's a cool song, it works perfectly and I liked it" I said and he smiled widely, clearly pleased.