36. Talk To Me In Songs And Poems

I was able to hide my pregnancy during the holiday season, thanks to a cheap excuse for my sobriety by saying I was on a new diet that required zero alcohol; most of people bought it without a problem, but Cece knew better, and since the first time she saw me for Christmas, she recognized my state just by looking at my face; however, she congratulated us in a discreet way, and gave us a couple of advices.

I wasn't aware, until New Year's Eve, that Stone, Jeff, Mike, Dave, Chris, Susan and even Kelly already knew about this, but I didn't get mad since they were my friends, and I understood the excitement of Eddie who was dying to tell everybody about this.

"I think we should tell everybody by now... I mean, it's starting to show..." Eddie said, a little bit shy.

"Look, I'll think about it ok? I know I'm getting bigger, there's no need for you to remind me this every time" I said, clearly moody.

"Hey... love I- I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention...That's not what I meant" He said, leaving the couch and going to the table, where I was checking on some ideas for decorating the stage.

"I know... I'm sorry Eddie... I'm sorry for being in a bad mood. I mean, I'm pregnant and I feel pressure because I want the unplugged to be great in every way, but I'm also worried because you know I'm very protective with our privacy and... well... You're right... it's starting to show" I said, looking at my growing belly. "I'm really sorry... it's not my intention to treat you like this, you don't deserve it" I said as he took my face on his hands.

"It's alright, I know you don't mean it... don't worry" He told me and we kissed.

"Can I have some chocolate ice cream? Please?" I asked with puppy eyes and he smiled.

"Right away, madame" He said and went to the kitchen, but soon he returned with empty hands. "I'll go out to buy some"

"Fuck... I forgot to buy yesterday... dammit! Even my mind is suffering" I said, clearly frustrated, but he just got close to me and hugged me again.

"Don't worry, I won't last too long" He added, kissing my cheek.

I saw him leave and I continue with my task.

It was early February 1994, and finally, after two fucking years postponing the event, Spencer was going to have its Unplugged in New York on the 20th of the same month; our guests were only two, Kurt and Chris. MTV producers tried to convinced me to have a duo with my husband, but I thought it was too cheesy and I really didn't like the idea, so I decided to go with two of my best friends, something that, in the end, pleased the producers.

Eddie was there with me since he was on a break from tour, and he would continue with it until March, while luckily the sickness from pregnancy was each time less of a problem for me, but my craving for sweet things was increasing.

The guys and I decided that the place for the session would be New York's oldest synagogue building, the Angel Orensanz Center, in the Lower East Side; as the date was getting closer, we arrived a few days earlier to take care of the decoration along with the people from MTV who in the previous month took my ideas for the stage.

"How's my niece... or nephew?" Chris asked me smiling as he touched my bump.

"I hope that calm... I don't want to get sick again" I said and he chuckled.

"What about your fear?" He asked this time, being more serious.

"I'm getting better at it"

"Everything will be alright... and you have all of us, you know that, right?"

"Of course!" I said as we both shared a shy laugh.

I was so happy to see my friends there, and suddenly I felt secure again.

I Will Be There Once More (Eddie Vedder fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें