40. I Will Be There Once More

Violet Delilah Vedder was born on October 9th 2001, and I decided that she would be our last baby, though honestly, I would've given birth to 10 of his children, but being a parent was not easy and also, we were very busy at the time. Spencer completed the tour for our previous album when I was already pregnant, and then we took a small break again. In 2002 we received another blow when we found out about Layne's death on the same day as Kurt, just 8 years apart. The mental health of my friends was something that always worried me, but Layne was harder to reach, and we all knew he wasn't the same since Demri's death... we all knew he didn't want to live since a long ago... and unfortunately the day arrived on April 5th 2002.

Eddie continued making music with Pearl Jam, and at the end of the year, in November, they released another album called Riot Act. In my case, Spencer continued with the break, since Adrien was pursuing an acting career in Hollywood and he was doing great, while Zack and Tom were busy with their families.

I continued contributing to music as a producer, being one of the producers in Gwen Stefani's debut album, as well as other bands. By 2007 Spencer released another album that earned two Grammys in 2008 and we toured until 2009.

Eddie and I were getting old, but we were doing it together, and still with a lot of love for each other, raising three kids that were teenagers (and one almost a teenager); within the years we started to slow down our lifestyle, and suddenly we started to be more indoor parents, which Eddie thought it was fantastic.

The lives of our friends had changed too, Chris and Susan ended their marriage in 2004, with a messy divorce that had a lot of coverage from the press, and in the same year he married another woman called Vicky Karayiannis, who was a French publicist that he met on tour with Audioslave in Paris, and just after he moved to Paris.

Having Chris so far was weird, since he was one of our best friends, but thanks to the technology we had those days, it was easier to keep in touch; plus, his new lady was nice and very polite, though it was a little weird because Susan was also one of my best  friends. They had their first kid on September of that year, called Toni, and another one called Christopher Nicholas on 2005.

Speaking of Chris, we recorded an album together in 2014, that was met with critical acclaim and won two grammys in 2015. Also, we went on tour from May 2014 until January 2016, having in our opening number great people like Lana del Rey and Florence and The Machine, among others; as things were changing by them, the tour was like a therapy for both of us, and by the end of 2016 it was announced a reunion with Audioslave since he missed performing with them, a decision that I supported.

But then, on May 18, 2017 I died again when I received that call I never wish I received. Chris was found death on his hotel room in Detroit... and the police said it was suicide, though I never believed it; I knew he was dealing with depression and addiction since several years, but this didn't seem like that, it wasn't that possible... but anyway it was too late now.

 but anyway it was too late now