23. Violet

WARNING: EXTRA LONG CHAPTER (sorry 🥺). 

"I guess you're thrilled"  She said with a sarcastic tone of voice.

"Please, stop... it's just a photo shoot"

"With your fucking love of your life!"  She said angrily on the telephone.

"Courtney... we already talked about this. She's not the love of my life... you are" Kurt said and heard a soft chuckle from her.

"You sure?"

"Surer than ever"

"Alright then" She answered with a change in her mood and they continue talking for more time on the telephone.

It was the day before the photo shoot, and Courtney Love, singer, songwriter, muse and girlfriend of Kurt, was feeling uneasy that her boyfriend was going to reconnect with what she always would call "the greatest love of his life", me, Lily Waldorf; and the worry was bigger since she couldn't go with him because she was in Europe touring for supporting the first album of her band Hole, Pretty On The  Inside. However, little the two of them knew that I've already move on a long time ago.

The day arrived and I was nervous as fuck, though I tried to keep it calm. I woke up Eddie and together we left the apartment and headed to this building in the downtown where the photo shoot was going to be. When we arrived, we were received by a very polite staff and I almost died when meeting Annie Leibovitz, since she has always been a great inspiration and had the best photos.

She talked to me about the wardrobe and what clothes should I wear while the makeup staff was working with me, as she decided to recreate my usual makeup and hairstyle; in the end we decided that I would wear a black velvet dress with lace collar that I brought to the shooting, complemented with a pair of fishnets and a small tiara in my head, and I'd appear barefoot.

I liked the idea and how I looked, though my style was currently changing and I was leaving behind those dresses for flowing ensembles. I went to where Eddie was already waiting with Chris and Susan, whom I hugged very tight since it had been months of not seeing them. Alan and Kelly informed Eddie and me that we couldn't say anything about our relationship yet because it was an order from our respective record labels.

This irritated Eddie a lot, as well as Chris, who couldn't understand that decision, but there was nothing we could do for it. Then, Layne appeared and I ran to him, as he carried me piggyback and started to spin as we were basically joking around. Annie saw this spontaneous moment and started to shoot like crazy, until we all stopped when the last person arrived to the place, Kurt.

He appeared along with his manager, the always polite Danny Goldberg; first, Dany greeted all of us and then was the turn to greet the guys, something that he did in his smooth and relax way, as the guys greeted them in the same way since they already knew between each other, but when he appeared in front of me I noticed how his blue eyes seemed frozen as I deliver a half smile and he did the same.