17. Someone To Spend Time With

After the debut of Mookie Blaylock, the guys received mixed reviews from the local critics, with some of them liking the sound, but others finding it very boring or not original; despite all this the guys never got disappointed and they continued working with new lyrics and rehearsing almost every day to improve their sound.

As November started, the guys and I hit the studio one more time, though this time wasn't going to be that easy; we had plenty of songs to record, but we faced some problems with the label because they thought many of the songs would be controversial for the public. The songs that contained lyrics with topics such as feminism, freedom of choice, criticism to the government among other things were scrapped from the album.

However, the guys and I didn't accept and we let them know that to the record, also with the news that we could ended the contract no matter the lawsuit that would follow us until the end. Alan knew that there was no way we could win a lawsuit against something big like Atlantic Records, so he saved our ass one more time by making a new agreement, which consisted in the recording of those banned songs entirely financed by ourselves.

This left us even in a more difficult position, since we didn't have enough money to pay for that production, but collecting our savings and with Alan's loan (that he told us we could pay once the album was a success) the problem was solved and we were very happy recording our music.

Recording an EP was easy, but recording an album was a different story and we learn that soon; we would start from morning, then a small break and continue until night. Many times, I wasn't pleased with the sound, so we had to do several takes until it sounded correctly, and I wasn't trying to act like a bossy bitch, but my father always told me that "If you're gonna do something you better give the best, if don't, then you better don't do anything" and that was one of my usual mantras since I can remember. Also, the guys let me do it, because they acknowledge their lacked of discipline, something that I had extra of it.

Sometimes Chris, Stone or Jeff would visit us in the studio and Chris always asked me if I had eaten anything, as some days he would actually bring me food or coffee to the studio along with Eddie, while Stone was less subtle and he would say to me without a problem that I looked very tired, though I didn't mind it, to be honest.

Eddie and I wouldn't spend so much time "together", since I was almost all day in the studio and when we hung out, we usually did it with the rest of the guys; though there was a change in our attitude and we started to get flirty between us, but in a very extremely subtle way that we could barely recognize.

Certain day that I arrived home from recording, I found that I couldn't open the door, and I thought it was my key or the door, until I noticed Mike blocking the entrance.

"What the hell Mike?" I said as I saw part of his face trying to not letting me go inside.

"Sorry Lily, you'll have to wait a little"

"What? What the fuck are you talking about?"

"I'm sorry, it's a surprise"

"Mike, I'm tired... I swear, if you don't let me in-" I was interrupted when I saw Mike moving away as the door opened and I saw Eddie there.

"You can come in but close your eyes" He said with a flirty smile.

"What?"

"Please, nothing wrong will happen to you, just do it" He told me.

I rolled my eyes but, in the end, I closed them and he kindly guided me inside.

"Ok, you can open them now" Stone shouted as I took my hand off my eyes.