Joshua

- requested by iechann
- enjoy~

---

"(Y/n)-ssi, we're going to go somewhere later. Would you mind changing into something more... Presentable?" Your father said, eyeing you from head to toe. "What do you mean more presentable?" You replied, tilting your head to the side.

Your mother suddenly appeared and placed an arm around your shoulder, "Well... Do you have any intention of going while wearing your pajamas?" Your mother asked. You looked down at your outfit then back at her, "What?? They're comfortable!" You pointed out.

"Just... Change. We're going to leave in an hour so don't take too long." Your father said. You nodded and headed to your room to change. As you were on your way, you heard your mother say, "Wear the dress I bought you the other day!"

You stopped at your tracks and pouted as you turned around. "I don't like dresses though.." You replied. Your mother shook her head, "You're wearing it and that's final."

You sighed as you continued to make your way to your room, "Fine~"

Your father's a rich businessman and a CEO of a pretty successful company. Even if he's a busy man, he still makes time for you and your mother, who also works in the same company as your father's assistant.

Once you finished changing, you headed down to the living room and waited for your parents. I wonder where we're going... Probably eat out for dinner? Nah, my mom made me wear something fancy and-

"(Y/n)-ssi, we're leaving." Your mother suddenly said, making you snap back to your senses. You stood up and followed your parents to the van, "Right, sorry!"

---

"Oh right." You blurted out as you turned to your mother who was beside you. This would probably not work but... "Mother, where are we going?" You asked her. She looked at you and smiled, "You'll see."

You scrunched up your face as you heard her reply. You rested your chin on the palm of your hand and started outside the window. "I knew you'd say that." You said, a chuckle following after.

It didn't take long for you to arrive at your destination. The driver opened up the door for you and your mother as you hopped off. You looked up at the building, noticing that it was a 5-star restaurant that you haven't been to.

"Come on (Y/n)." Your mother reached out her hand for you to hold. You smiled and refused her hand, "I'm not a little kid anymore. I can walk by myself." Your mother shrugged, "I knew you'd say that." She mimicked you.

You playfully rolled your eyes at her and stood by her side as you and your parents made way to the entrance of the restaurant. "Mother, why are we here?"

She sighed, "I guess it's better to tell you now." She mumbled before turning to you, your face was showing great confusion. "Since you're almost graduating college... Me and your father have arranged a marriage for you." She explained.

"What?!" You shouted. "I mean- It's not the first time but..." You mumbled, remembering the past arranged marriage attempts. "I don't want to get married to some guy-"

"Ah! You guys are already here!" Your father exclaimed as he saw your fiance's family waiting by the entrance. You turned away from your mother to look at the man whom you're gonna marry in the future.

You widened your eyes as you saw who it was. It was Joshua. You were classmates with him in high school. Actually, you two had an MU* back then... Before you graduated, of course.

(a/n: MU* or mutual understanding: is a relationship where two people have an 'endearment' but do not have a 'commitment'. Having an 'MU' means you can cut strings right away even if you used to talk every day)