Volleyball |ハイキュ

Volleyball Rules:

a. 6 players on the floor at any one time - 3 in the front row and 3 in the back row.

b. Maximum of 3 hits per side before hitting over the net; one individual can only hit once (Blocking does not count as a touch)

c. The ball is allowed to come in contact with any part of the body

d. Players are not allowed to block or hit a opponents serve

e.  Players can only attack the ball once it is over the net.

--------NET--------

Left Front- Middle Front- Right Front

Left Back- Middle Back- Right Back

------------------

a. Players rotate clock-wise (Right Back to Middle back; Middle back to left back; Left back to Left front et cetera)

b. Rotation happens when there is a Side-out ( When the other team is serving and your team wins the score)

Players:

Setter: Much Like a Quarterback in Football, the setter is in charge of the offence and decides who to set the ball up for. The setter sets the ball up for Hitters/Spikers.

Wing Spiker: Players that this the ball from the strong corner. They usually receive serves and send it to the setter.

Middle Blocker: Players that are usually in the middle front and blocks every hit/spike during defense. They hit/spike the ball on offence.

Libero: Players that specialize in defense (Saving the ball). They wear a different colored jersey and can sub themselves into the game whenever they want. They usually sub with the Middle Blocker  when they (Middle Blocker) rotate to the back. They are the only player that can spike a ball (Though spiking in the back row isn't against the rules) and can only be at the back row.

Terms:

Float Serve: A serve in which the ball does not spin or rotate and its direction is unpredictable.

Jump Serve: A serve in which the player tosses the ball into the air before jumping in the air, hitting the ball in a downward motion.

Underhand Serve: A serve where the ball is given a slight underhand toss and is struck by the players fist from underneath.

Over hand serve: A serve where the ball is struck by the hand over the shoulder.

Top Spin Serve: A serve where the ball spins rapidly forward from the top.

Spike: A hit or attack

Quick: A set in which the spiker is approaching the setter (May even be in the air) before the setter delivers the ball.

 Side-Out: When the other team is serving and your team wins the score.

Karasuno's Girl Team:

Captain: Michimiya Yui (3rd Year) #1 [WING SPIKER] {159.3 cm- 5'2"}

Vice-Captain: Mao Aihara (3rd Year) #2 [ACE-WING SPIKER] {163.4 cm- 5'4]

Members:

Rinko Sudo (2nd Year) #3 [MIDDLE BLOCKER] {170.2 cm- 5'7}

Moe Kikuchi (2nd Year) #4 [WING SPIKER] {160.1 cm - 5'3}

Manami Aoki (1st Year) #7 [SETTER] {165 cm - 5'5}

[Y-n] [L-n] (1st Year) #5 [LIBERO] {159.4 cm - 5'2}

Chizuru Sasaki (3rd Year) #11 [MIDDLE BLOCKER] {168.4 cm-5'6}

Ami Ito (3rd Year) #9 [SETTER] {160.4 cm - 5'3}

Eiko Ishikawa (2nd Year) #8 [WING SPIKER] {163.3 cm- 5'4}

Tadako Maeda (2nd Year) #10 [LIBERO] {169 cm - 5'6]