Nine | 九

I set the ball that Michimiya passed to me towards Eiko who hopped and spiked it over the net. We all encouraged each other on as we ran through various drills. "Good job ladies! Let's pack it up and clean!" Yui called out, and we all sighed with relief as we took down the nets, Moe turned to me and pointed to the net behind her "Do you need us to leave one up?" she asked me and I was about to answer her before Manami spoke up behind me.

"No, we're studying at my house today" Manami smiled towards her upperclassmen and Moe nodded "Alright, take this one down as well!" she announced out towards the other volleyball players and they disassembled the net.

A vein popped out of the side of my head and Manami gave me a patronizing smile "You're going to be in the top 10 when we're done studying" I reached up, grabbed the collar of her jersey and tried to put on a intimidating face.

"You're going to be in the infirmary when I'm finished with you" I scoffed and she snickered and glanced off to the side "It'd be a lot scarier if i didn't have to look down on you," she tried to hold back her laughter.

Pulling down my shirt after discarding my gym wear, I let out a exhale and peeked over to Manami "What are we studying when we get there?" I inquired, and she thought for a second before setting a finger on her chin.

"We'll do English because you seem to struggle, then we'll do Math" Manami put on a cheeky grin and I angled my head "Math? I'm doing great in that subject though-" my voice trailed off and I let out a frustrated sigh "This study session is for you isn't it" she stuck her tongue out and knocked her fist on her head lightly.

We left the changing room and left down the stairs "Seriously, you just need to ask and I'll help" lecturing Manami she shrugged "No can do, it's funnier to swindle you" she giggled before I grasped her cheeks and tugged at them, she began whimpering.

My body crashed into someone and I hastily let go of Manami's cheeks "Ah Gomen, I wasn't looking-" I glanced up to the other person I bumped into and Tsukishima looked down with one of his eyebrows raised as he pulled his headphones down off his ears "Oh it's just you-" I quickly dismissed my apology.

"Woah! You're tall" Manami gawked and Tsukishima tilted his head as he peered down on her "Who are you?" he asked Manami and her spirit broke "Wah- He's as nasty as you [Y-n]" Manami pouted and I clicked my tongue "Now that was mean to say".

"How's your nose" Tsukishima asked in his monotone voice and it threw me off guard "What happened to your nose?" Manami turned to me and my heart rate sped up from nerves of my web of lies "I hit my nose on the wall when I was running drills by myself" I fumbled with the edge of my shirt.

Manami burst out into laughter and pointed to me as tears flowed into her eyes "You dumbass!" Tsukishima held back his own laughter as he turned his head trying to hide it "What are you laughing at Giraffe" A vein popped out of the side of my head as I scowled up towards him "You, Shrimp" a shit-eating grin stretched across his face as he cackled at me and pointed his finger.

"Don't team up on me!" frustrated I tried to slap their fingers aside, but they just raised their arms above my reach and laughed at me "Hey you three! What are you doing here still?" a teacher turned the corner. We all stopped and slowly cranked our heads towards the teacher as our faces turned blue.

"Gomen!"

We all walked towards the road when a cry called out behind us, "Tsukkii!" Yamaguchi yelled, and we all shifted to greet him "Yamaguchi, Tsukii is being mean to me!" I sulked as I sheltered behind him and Tsukishima's face turned sour.

"Don't call me that" he palmed the top of my head and pressed down, "Where's your empathy?" I cried out, and he leaned his head once again with a scary look on his face "What's that?" a sweat drop rolled down my head as I turned to Manami and smiled nervously at her "Tell my mom I love her."