Thirteen | 十三

I changed into my normal clothes after staying back in the girls' practice hall for a while, watching the boys play fired me up and inspired my to practice on my own. By the time I called it, the moon was already beginning to rise "Gotta get home, Gotta get home!" I cheered as I started down the hill.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I rummaged around before I pulled it out. 'Toru-Nii' read across my notifications and I quickly opened the message .

'Did you get home, okay?' The message lit up on my screen and I smiled before typing a reply.

'I'm actually walking there now, I stayed late to practice' I sent the message and almost immediately it was read and a reply was being written.

'Really?? Do you always leave this late??' I could almost hear the worry in his voice through the text, I paused before I typed my text in return.

'Teehee, yeah ( '∀`)b '

"[Y-n]!" I heard a familiar voice call behind me, I looked away from my phone and turned my head to see Yamaguchi waving to me with Tsukishima following close behind "Ah- Hello!" I quickly made my way to the two.

"Why are you two still here so late?" I tilted my head and noticed Tsukishima wasn't even looking at me I wonder if he's mad because I called him Tsukki again..."We were doing some light cleaning" Yamaguchi explained and I nodded my head.

"Right Right- You guys must've been mopping, Tsukishima looks tired" I laughed nervously as I pushed my hands into my pockets "Yeah-" Tsukishima briefly answered and the air grew awkward.

My phone buzzed again, and I pulled it out of my pocket "Ah- Sumimasen, this will be quick" I apologized and Yamaguchi shook his head and smiled "Take your time"

'You're not walking alone are you?ヽ(*'□')ノ゙ ' A smile grew on my face from the ridiculous emoticon.

'Of course not! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧'

"Is that your boyfriend? That'd explain that horrible look on your face" Tsukishima's face grew sour and he began to walk away, his voice wasn't teasing like usual rather it sounded hurt. I knitted my eyebrows together and was about to speak up before Yamaguchi put his hand on my shoulder.

"He's been pretty moody after the game, please understand" Yamaguchi offered an apologetic smile and I waved my hand "Don't worry about it" Remembering how Tooru-Nii had targeted Tsukishima as he served, I softened up a little.

We ended up running into the rest of the boys who were gathered around Kageyama "I didn't make it into Shiatorizawa" he admitted and Tanaka drew back from the shock Wow, even a setter as great as Kageyama, huh?

"It's ridiculously to get into that school the normal way" Daichi wrapped his finger around his chin as he talked, Tsukishima's shitty smile returned as we passed by them "Wow, I guess the king doesn't have the head for studies" Tsukishima derided Kageyama and Yamaguchi snickered at the comment.

A vein popped out of Kageyama's temple and I quickly bowed apologetically, "Gomenasai, have a good night!" I waved to them and quickly caught up with the two.

"Seriously" I let out a slight chuckle as I walked in between Tsukishima and Yamaguchi.

---

My breath came out sporadically as Yui stopped us from running and pulled us into a group huddle, I wiped my sweat away with my shoulder as I listened to the Captain "I know it's soon but we just received a practice match request" Yui seemed extremely tense.