Fourteen | 十四

Rhythmically, my fingers tapped on the desk and Manami watched me. She sighed before she slammed her hand on the desk in front of me; I jumped in my seat and looked up at the setter bewildered.

"Eat your lunch" she plainly stated before she took a bite of her rice, "You could've just told me!" I sulked as I picked up my chopsticks and tapped them on the desk. "You're thinking about the conditions again aren't you?" Manami asked as she set her chopsticks down and I nodded.

"They had a similar condition with the boys where Kageyama had to play the entire time" I talked aloud as I picked up some food from my bento box "Yeah but Kageyama had a reputation of a tyrannical king" Manami responded.

"I know so there must be a reputation I hold-" I tapped my lips with my chopsticks before an idea came to my head "Karasuno's Knight in Shining Armour!" I called out and smiled at the nickname.

"Probably not, I don't think anyone from Aoba Johsai seen you play" Manami shut down my idea, and I chuckled as tears pulled to my eyes "You're so cold Mana-Chan-"

"I'll give them a war" A scary look resided on my face as I gave the girls my answer.

"[Y-n]!" Tadako protested.

"I said I'll do it!" I repeated with a firmer voice and Tadako clenched her fist, Moe put her hand on my shoulder and I nodded "I'll give them what they asked for"

"Very well- I'll go contact them and tell them we accept the conditions" Mao acknowledge as she left the gym towards the school building "Are there any measures we can take to make sure that [Y-n] gets time to rest?" Chizuru-Senpai asked.

"Other than when she's waiting to go into the back row, No" Ami begun "Without Tadako and [Y-n] switching Libero roles, she's going to have to carry that burden"

"And I knew that when I accepted the conditions" I informed them all and raised my fist in the air "They might be picking a fight with me but their fatal flaw is not taking the rest of you seriously!"

"I look on this team and think about how lucky I am to be working with this many talented players! Not one of you are weak in the slightest and we'll show them that Karasuno is a force to be reckoned with!" I yelled and overwhelming pride came from all the female players and they raised their fist with me.

"Osu!!"

I finished chewing my last bite of my lunch when a voice caught my attention "[Y-n]!" I turned to the door of my classroom and saw that Hinata was standing in the doorway with a smile on his face.

"Seriously- If you keep having boys visit you at lunch it's gonna look bad-" Manami started, and I pinched her nose as I got up "You're just jealous~" I snickered as I quickly darted from my desk before she could catch me "You better hope the teacher is in the room when you return!" Manami called out.

"Hey Hinata, what's up?" I ask as I exit the classroom with him.

"I heard the girl's are going against Aoba Johsai too" Hinata shared and I nodded my head to confirm it "Yeah- Not even a week after the boy's played them" I laughed and scratched the back of my head.

"I heard from Daichi that Michimiya-Senpai told him the condition was that you had to play the entire time" Hinata voice dropped a little.

My smile spread across my face and I gave him a light hit on the back to cheer him up again, "It's okay! I'm the one who agreed to the conditions!" his eyes widen in surprise and I let out a sigh "Playing a team like Aoba Johsai is undoubtedly lucky but they made a mistake when they overlooked the rest of my team"