Twenty-Three | 二十三

Tsukishima stood at my bedside with his hands sunk into his pockets, silence continued between us as I just stared down at my hands on my lap. Tsukishima had no idea why he was standing there other than he felt as if he needed to be.

His school bag hung off of his shoulder as he just peered down at me, Tsukishima observed the IV drip as trailed its way from the bag on the stand to my forearm and the wires that connected me to a heart monitor. It rhythmically beeped, almost seemingly getting faster the longer he remained there in silence.

"It's funny- You were right" I chuckled as my voice softly escaped my throat "I'm uselessly hot-blooded and selfish not to mention the collapsing part.." a lump grew in my throat and suddenly it was hard to swallow, I noticed the side of Tsukishima's cheek was bruised and I recall seeing Tooru's bruised knuckle.

"[Y-n]..." Tsukishima started, but I interrupted him.

"Now look at me, I hurt myself and those around me" My fingers clamped onto the blanket as my knuckles turned white, my voice trembled as tears threatened to appear out "I'm sorry for getting mad at you, I was being childish because I knew what you were telling me was the truth- I..I'm sorry Tsukishima"

Tears rolled down my face as Tsukishima took a step closer, wanting to console me but not being able to find the way to do it. Who was he kidding? When has words that left his mouth have ever been comforting? God I should be the one apologizing...

"I heard I might not play Volleyball anymore... They tried hiding it from me, but I overheard them in the hallway-!" I let out a whimper as I crouched forward, finally letting out all the pent-up emotions out as I cried, my heart monitor picking up my increased pulse.

Tsukishima squeezed his fist as he watched me break down in front of him. He could hardly bear to watch it himself as my tear fell onto the white blanket. I turned to face Tsukishima and his entire body tensed up, "I'm so scared! I'm terrified! I want to keep playing Volleyball! I want to be with my team! I love Volleyball, but I ruined it for myself!"

Tsukishima's instincts took over, and he instantly wrapped his arms around my head as he bent down and pulled me into his torso, I let out another sob as I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his black blazer.

"I don't know what to do Tsukishima! I'm so pathetic!" I cried out as I buried my face deeper into his abdomen, squeezing him tighter, and he did the same.

"I'm sorry" he uttered out as he petted the back of my head, I kept crying.

I cried my lungs out, all the anger and sadness that I've been keeping to myself came out in the form of tears that soaked into Tsukishima's blazer. He took all the emotions that spilled out of me.

I'm pathetic too

---

I'm so scared! I'm terrified! I want to keep playing Volleyball!"

"I want to be with my team! I love Volleyball, but I ruined it for myself!

"Tsukishima-Kun?"

Tsukishima blinked a few times realizing that he had spaced out once again. He glanced up to see a brunette girl of average height holding a book in her arms. He ran his hands quickly through his short blonde hair as he gave a little stretch, "What is it?"

"Ah!" Her face turned a brilliant shade of red before she continued, "I-I was just wondering if you could tutor me on the lesson we learned in history today" she stumbled on her words as she held up her history book.

"You were in class when we learned that, were you not?" he accused and her back immediately straighten "Y-yes! but I didn't quite get it..." she proceeded on and Tsukishima turned his head away from her.

Hey Mr. Moon! ~ 𝚃𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚊 𝙺𝚎𝚒जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें