Seventeen | 十七

Karasuno's girls began leaving the bus with the boy's team following close behind, the boys had decided to come along to Aoba Johsai to show their spirit and support. Luckily, Takeda-Sensei had agreed that it could be a learning experience and beneficial, so he let them come along.

"Finally! It was getting warm in there!" Nishinoya stretched his arms out and we all gave him a exhausted look "It's because you were being noisy the whole way, Skunk" Eiko held her hand up to her mouth as she yawned.

"You wanna go block head?!" Nishinoya shook his fist at her and an argument bloomed between the two "Knock it off!" The two captains yelled at the second years and they grumbled in response.

"Save the yelling for cheering the girls on, okay?" The giant man with a bun tried to simmer the two down which only calmed the blonde streaked boy down.

"Eiko, you listen to Asahi-" Chizuru crossed her arms as she scolded the wing-spiker and Eiko immediately dropped her act "Yes ma'am!"

Asahi let out a small laugh as he faced Daichi "They got the spirit" Daichi shook his head in response as he watched Nishinoya, Hinata and Tanaka becoming noisy again "Too much spirit it always seems" Ennoshita laughed at the bunch of them.

Staring down at the ground I let out an enormous yawn before I feel a hand on my shoulder, I jumped from shock before I peeped up to the culprit "Woah- Are you okay?" Yamaguchi asked as he furrowed his eyebrows.

I smiled back in response, "Yeah! Just a little tense before the game, " waving my hand to shrug off the rest of my burdens "You'll do great, you've been working so hard too!" Yamaguchi clenched his fist excitedly as he cheered me on.

"You'll blame yourself that you never reached your goal even though you worked so hard"

Feeling the confidence that Yamaguchi built up in me leave my body, I gave him a sad smile "Thank you Yamaguchi, It really means a lot"

I walked away from the freckled boy and he frowned as he watched me "There you are, seriously why do we always do practice matches so early?" Tsukishima approached him from behind as he rubbed his eyes tiredly from under his glasses.

"It does seem strange huh?" Yamaguchi smiled to his friend as they made their way inside behind the girls' team.

---

"Thank you for inviting us!" All the girls bowed after being directed to and the enormous team practicing at the nets turned to us before bowing back, "Thank you for the game!"

"You're here!" A tall girl in a light blue jersey jogged over to us and Yui stepped out to greet her "Yeah! Thank you for inviting us, I'm Yui Michimiya and this is my vice-captain Mao Aihara"" she reached her hand out to the beautiful raven-haired Captain and she quickly took to the handshake.

"Thank you for accepting the conditions, I'm Ainu Nakamura. It's not everyday we get to see such a dedicated Libero so apologies if we inspect for a bit" she laughed as she rubbed the back of her head.

"A whole game- that's alotta bit" Tadako muttered to herself and Moe elbowed her with her arm, "Please make yourselves comfortable!" Ainu stepped to the side and Manami eyed her suspiciously.

"Something about her doesn't feel right" Manami whispered to me and I leaned towards her "Yeah, I'm sure I didn't see anyone from Aoba Johsai at Ohgiminami" I whispered back before walking deeper into the gymnasium.

"I'm heading to the washroom" I tapped Manami's arm and she raised her eyebrows "Alright but be back soon, we're going to be starting warm ups" she tilted her head and raised her voice as I walked off.