Sixteen | 十六

Pressing on the drink dispenser, it let out a rumble before spitting out [Drink] and I bent down to pick it up. "Hey [Y-n]" a low familiar voice greeted from behind me and I turned my head to see the raven haired setter standing behind me "Hello Kageyama" I moved out of his way as he stepped up towards the machine.

"Actually, it's funny you're here. I wanted to ask if you were okay with evaluating my setting techniques after practice today?" I inquired as Kageyama pulled his milk out of the machine, "Yeah that's no problem but aren't you close with Oikawa?"

"I asked him! But- "sweat dropped down the side of my face after remembering yesterday's events.

"Hey Tooru-Nii, can you watch my setting and see if I can improve?" holding the volleyball up, Tooru nodded his head and smiled"Of course [Nick-name]-Chan!"

"That was an excellent set!" He cheered

"That was an excellent set too!"

"[Y-n] you improved so much since we were kids!"

All he did was dote on me, I mentally sighed before rubbing the back of my neck "I didn't have the heart to tell him his comments weren't exactly helpful" I chuckled and Kageyama nodded in response "Right-" he didn't quite get what I meant but quickly remembered something else.

"Now that you're here, the boy's team Libero and Ace returned" the black-haired setter punched his straw into the box and began working at the milk box "Woah! Really? What's the libero like?" I stepped closer to Kageyama with eagerness and he silently thought for a second before a look of irritation pulled at his face "Loud"

"And the Ace?"

"Quiet"

"You're quite bad at descriptions" I groaned at his lack of detail before a bump on my shoulder made me step to the side.

"The little Libero is hot-tempered and annoying while the Ace is timid despite his size" Tsukishima walked past me after giving me a glare before he switched his gaze to the vending machine.

I placed my hand where his arm had bumped my shoulder previously "Is that really all there is to them?" slight disappointment lingered in my voice and Tsukishima punched in his drink of choice "You're always expecting there to be more Chibi-Chan, have you ever thought that might be all to it" Tsukishima's voice seemed on edge and it took me by surprise.

"Hey- what the heck is wrong with you" Kageyama accused and Tsukishima raised his eyebrows "Didn't know you had so many guys wrapped around your finger [Y-n], but to answer your question- people who don't think with their head" Tsukishima turned around and a mean look stayed on his face.

"The hell?" knitting my eyebrows I took a step forward, refusing to step down to the disrespect "You always make everyone work harder, asking them to stay longer, leaving practice early for the Seijoh captain, days before a practice match, making them worry for your health, its selfish" Tsukishima's words flew like knives towards me.

He isn't wrong.

"Do you hear yourself? You don't even know how hard it is on your team when you put half-ass effort into your position!" I yelled back to him and his face grew irritated with my words "How does your team feel when you push yourself until you can barely stand, they will blame themselves when you collapse for not keeping up with your idiotic pace"

"You'll blame yourself that you never reached your goal even though you worked so hard"

My pride finally dropped, and I clenched my fist as I looked down to the ground with shame "You're right- I'm selfish, I don't always take care of myself and I ask for help a lot but-" I paused before locking my eyes with Tsukishima "I'm always trying to better myself and, so should you!"