Twenty-Four | 二十四

Every day Yamaguchi and Tsukishima would visit me after school, telling me what would happen on the boy's team, giving me notes from my missed classes or it would just be Tsukishima just picking on me and raising my blood pressure as he annoyed me.

My mother was tending to the house when the hospital door opened "Pardon the intrusion" Yamaguchi announced as the two boys entered the room, I noticed a bouquet in Tsukishima's hand and a smug look grew on my face "Are you here to ask me on a date or something?" I took the opportunity to throw the first jab at him.

His shitty smirk grew on his face and he raised his eyebrows "You'd like that wouldn't you Chibi-Chan?

"Only after I'm dead, Tsukki"

"Don't call me that"

"What do you mean, Tsukki?"

Yamaguchi held his hand to his mouth as held back his laughter That was quick, Although it'd be weird if they didn't argue at all though, he thought cheerfully. Tsukishima quickly pushed the flowers into my hands and a light blush pulled at his cheeks that only Yamaguchi seemed to notice.

"Fine, don't expect anymore flowers from us then-" he tried to keep his voice cold but a hint of embarrassment sunk in as he turned his head to the side.

"Huh?? I was just teasing;; Thank you for the flowers" I sincerely thanked and his face lightened up after hearing me say that, turning his head to face me once again. A mischievous grin pulled at my lips as I held the flowers closer to my body to shield them away from the blonde.

"Tsukki " I say under my breath and a vein popped out of the side of his head.

"Nevermind, give me those back- you're healthy enough it seems" He fought with me over the flowers and my heart rate monitor beeped faster as I struggled to keep them out of his reach.

"Some nerve fighting with a sick person!"

A drop of sweat dropped the side of his face as he watched the two of us fight, Yamaguchi studied me before his eyebrow's raised "You're off the IV drip!" he exclaimed.

I turned away from the now annoyed blonde and nodded happily to Yamaguchi "Yep! They said I should be clear to go soon, although they said my condition is still a bit cloudy" My smile dropped as I fumbled with my fingers.

"I won't be able to get the surgery for a while so until then... they're not sure if I can play volleyball yet" I sadly looked outside the window.

"We need to make sure you get a couple months of rest before we perform surgery, about August is when we will schedule to have the operation done. You'll have to be hospitalized for a few days after that and will be assigned for a week of bed rest, we will continue to check your condition to see if you can play some light volleyball"

"Then... What are you going to do about volleyball?" Yamaguchi asked cautiously, and I took in a long shaky breath.

"I... I honestly don't know-" I admitted as I clenched my hands "I love Volleyball... the thought of not being to play it anymore tears me apart. Knowing that Volleyball won't be a part of my life anymore" my voice came out as helpless.

"That's not true!" Yamaguchi exclaimed abruptly, and it made both me and Tsukishima jump from surprise. His eyes were serious and filled with determination. "Just because you can't play anymore doesn't mean you you have to quit! Remember what you said to me?" His voice was sincere, and it showed he was really passionate about this.

"Playing on the court isn't the only part of the game, there's also the support team! Without support, the team can hardly stay together"