Seven | 七

Both of the Karasuno teams stood outside the mart, Sakanoshita nearby the school. Everyone stood with their Black volleyball jackets with a meat bun in hand, I thanked and bowed to Daichi as he handed me by bun "For your hard work" he smiled at me and I looked down at the bun in disappointment.

"Arigato, Daichi-Senpai" sadly I take a small bite of the bun and chew on the pork. The bun was tasty as the meat and vegetables mixed flavors. I swallowed the contents of my mouth as I took the last bite.

A water droplet fell onto my hand as I chewed the meat bun, then another one fell, then another. "Huh? What's wrong? Does your face hurt from earlier?" Tadako put her hand on my back and I wiped at my eyes but tears kept replacing themselves. I feel so useless, I couldn't even make a correct judgement call and it cost us the game.

Monami approached me after Tadako "What happened" she asked as she placed her hand on my back as well "Her face hurts from the float-serve" Tadako stated with her monotone voice.

"It's okay! That happened to me too, and it goes away the next day!" Hinata put his hand on my shoulder and smiled and offered words of support "Arigato, everyone" A slight grin pulled at the corner of my lip as I forced a smile.

Hanging back from the group, I watched as Hinata and Kageyama went at it again and Daichi continued to scold them for being so loud at night "Hey bite-sized" a small thwap hit the back of my head. Sluggishly I turned around and held the back of my head as I looked up towards Tsukishima "I guess the saying 'No rest for the wicked' is true after all" I took my best jab at him with what energy I had left.

His hand held something out, as I looked down the meat bun that Daichi had bought sat in his hand appeared in sight "Your muscles are strained and tired, eating aids your recovery process" Tsukishima's voice came out as monotone as he pushed the bun into my hand.

Him and Yamaguchi began to walk past me before he slowed down "Don't be stupid and cry over a practice match, it's to learn from your mistakes and work harder to fix them" he spoke to me as he looked at the road ahead of him.

"On your left" he called out as he walked past me and Yamaguchi turned around to me "Good work today [Y-n], don't beat yourself up over it" for the first time I saw Yamaguchi smile and it was almost too bright for me to handle. He turned back around and caught up with the blonde "Tsukki!".

---

Hinata began his walk home with his bike, as he passed the girl's practice hall he saw that the lights were still on. Curiously he walked to the door and opened it "Pardon my intrusion" he called as he peeked into the gym, his eyes caught onto me as the ball bounced off the wall and I jumped onto the ground to save it.

Hair clung to my sweaty neck and my shirt was drenched with sweat, I picked up another ball and prepared to toss it before a voice from the door stopped me "[Y-n] practice ended an hour ago... " Hinata's voice softy echoed through the gym and I turned around to see his concerned face "Ah- It did, didn't it... I'm just getting some extra practice in!" my hand waved to shake off Hinata's worry.

"You were here in the morning too, your muscles must be exhausted from practice huh" Hinata continued as he looked down at the ground. Arching my arm back I give Hinata a big ol' slap on the back and he jumped from surprise.

"Hey! Don't worry about me! I'm making sure I take care of myself so don't worry okay?" Letting my signature big smile spread across my face, Hinata seemed to have loosened up and let his own smile come back "Yeah of course you are! You're so responsible!".

I really wish you didn't think so highly of me Hinata.

As I started my morning jog to school, a detrimental sneeze erupted from me and I sniffled to reel myself back "My feet are cold- Stupid circulation" I complained to myself and jogged faster to warm myself up.

Writing the notes as the teacher lectured on, I rolled my sore shoulder a bit a let out a small sigh I wish I had grabbed some ice, I silently thought to myself as I recalled landing on my shoulder wrong during my morning practice.

Manami silently tapped her pencil on her desk and held up the top part of her notebook.

What's wrong with your arm?

After seeing her message I looked back up to the teacher and she was still looking down at the textbook, I quickly scrawled in my notebook and lifted it up.

I just hit it on something this morning, just a small bruise

Manami gave me a suspicious stare before slowly turning back to her notebook and writing down the notes once again, I let out the breath I had been holding in and went back to writing in my own notes as well.

---

"Let's all start cleaning up!" Daichi announced and all the boys cheered. Hinata and Tanaka grabbed the mops and mopped the floor as they raced each other from one side of the room to the other. Tsukishima wiped the sweat off his face with the bottom of his shirt as Suga called out.

"Tsukishima! Yamaguchi!" Both of the boys walked over to their upperclassmen and Suga looked over to the Volleyball basket. "Do you mind if you returned these to the girl's practice hall?" Suga pointed over to the basket of volleyballs. The boys had borrowed them for a non-stop spiking drill and since the girl's had extras, they agreed to share.

"Are there any girls still there this late?" Yamaguchi asked and Suga nodded.

"Yui said that [Y-n] has been practicing an extra couple hours every night, so I never really thought of that as a problem" Suga scratched at his cheek "If she isn't there then I'll return them first thing in the morning".

"Right" Tsukishima pulled the basket out towards the door and headed towards the girls practice hall. As they arrived, they saw that the light was emitting through the practice hall's doors and the squeak of volleyball shoes echoed from inside the gym "Ah, I guess she's still here" Yamaguchi observed the girls hall.

"Excuse our intrusion" Yamaguchi called as he opened the doors wider for the basket to fit.

I set the ball behind me then Yamaguchi and Tsukishima appeared upside down as my head bent behind me, my hair stuck to my neck uncomfortably and my breathing left in heavy pants. I turned my body towards the door and wiped my sweat off with my shoulder.

"We've come to return the balls" Yamaguchi explained which earned a small "Oh" from me "Do you need help?" I ask as I ducked under the net towards them.

"It's fine, we can manage our own" Yamaguchi smiled before his eyes widened as he looked down at my shirt "[Y-n] did you hurt yourself?" he asked as he looked at the big splatter of blood that soaked into the bottom of my shirt.

"What happened to your nose?" Tsukishima interrogated me and I raised my hand up to my nose, glancing to the side of the gym to avoid his stare I paused for a second before I looked back up at him.

"I was trying to dig this ball, and I accidentally slammed my face into the wall" I forced a laugh to come out of my throat and Tsukishima's stare didn't change emotion. "Whatever, for that to happen a second time you must be really stupid" Tsukishima teased me but it felt different this time.

The two boys brought the basket into the storeroom and left, I sighed with relief and picked up another Volleyball; jumping over the attack line as I set it. My heart began racing from the repeating movement.

Faster

Faster!

Faster-!

Something warm dribbled down my chin and I brought my fingers up to my nose, pulling away only to view blood now dribbling down my fingers.

"Shit"

I pinched my nose and set myself down onto the ground, laying back onto the cold polished wooden floors as I clung to my chest. My breathing came out as sporadic as I tried to calm myself down; I closed my eyes and started breathing exercises, my head pounded from the blood building up in my head. My heart rate slowed and soon it was easier to breathe again.

Not again