Internships 7 (Adventures In Hosu)

インターンシップアー

Izuku was now sitting on a couch with his dad next to him. Facing them was Gran Torino, sitting on another couch.

"I was wondering why this place looked familiar! I didn't know you still lived here, sensei!" exclaimed Hisashi.

Torino scoffed.

"Well,not like I can afford a new house. I'm a retired hero, only back in action to teach this kid."

Izuku glanced between the two. They knew each other, their conversation and body language said that much.

"But I have to admit, sensei, I'm surprised. You clearly grew older...and shorter...much shorter....and by the expression on your face, much much gumpie-"

"ENOUGH WITH THAT!"

"See?"

Gran Torino huffed.

"So, why is it that I didn't know you had a child? I didn't even know you were married!"

"Well, you can't just expose everything for the media."

"Good enough, but I wanted to be at least invited to the wedding!"

"I sent you an invite! Maybe it didn't reach you? The building does look abandoned..."

"That's why it's cheap!"

"Anyways, why did you want to teach my son?"

"Well..."

The elder turned to Izuku, who nodded.

"Oh? So you already know about it?" asked Torino.

Hisashi nodded.

"Just learned about it outside."

"And why's that?"

"Let's say that Izuku gets his intellect more from me than Inko."

"Well, you always did compete with Enji when it comes to grades."

"Compete? Please, I destroyed him!"

"I don't recall that ever happening. All I remember is 2 kids getting the same grade and then going at each other's throats."

"Sensei! Not infront of my son!"

"Oh no, please continue." requested Izuku.

"IZUKU!"

"HAHAHAHA, I like you kid!"

Hisashi sighed.

"Moving on, since you'll be the one teaching him to master it, I have nothing to fear-Wait, is this why you kept Toshinori after class all the time?"

"Not all. The brat only knew how to cause problems. I'm surprised he reached the number 1 spot."

"He has the drive and the power. Enji is right behind him, too!"

"Yeah yeah,I'm proud that my students reached rankings in the top 10. How's rank 7 been treating you?"

"All's good. I want to reach the 4th rank, but Tsunagu won't let me have it, so I'll have to sit at 5th next month."

"And what makes you believe the other heroes will let you go past them?"

"Oh, I don't believe they will, but I have to try. The higher I go, the safer citizens and my family will feel. Also, UA needs more students covering the top ranks."

"About that, how are the other students doing?"

"Hm? Well, Aizawa, Yamada and Kayama are working ar UA. My son here has Aizawa as his homeroom teacher. I expect it to be tough seeing as he's a hard working but lazy person."