#52 Start with the pictures.

I waited outside the store while Liam went in, I wasn't fully comfortable with being next to him while he used his fake ID to buy alcohol that he planned to sneak into school during the lock in

I waited outside the store while Liam went in, I wasn't fully comfortable with being next to him while he used his fake ID to buy alcohol that he planned to sneak into school during the lock in. I flicked through the comments on Jordan's Instagram post of us in the diner while I waited for Liam and rolled my eyes at how much of a douche he is. Liam returned with four bags in his hands and a bag of chips dangling out his mouth which I grabbed as soon as he approached me.

"Hey, I got you a present." His eyes sparkled in the sunlight and his lips displayed a beautiful boyish smile.

Excitement climbed in my chest as he rooted through the blue plastic bag, wondering what he could of bought me from a shabby convenience store. He pulled out a small black box and held it in his hands. My eyes glanced down at the box, my smile slowly fading from my face.

"Uh... those are tampons." I cleared up for him because obviously he didn't know that.

"I know. I saw these and thought of you. It's a thoughtful gift."

"Uh.. thanks, just what I've always wanted." I said sarcastically and Liam seemed pretty happy with himself but I wondered how long he thought I was on my period for.

***

Liam lay on my bed typing into his phone with concentration on his face and a small hint of pink between his lips. I watched him, wondering who exactly he was typing to. Annoyance built up when I convinced myself it was Jill.

"Were you really going to meet this Jill earlier?" I regretted asking the question already.

He pulled his attention off his phone and glanced at me as I swayed slightly back and forth on the swivel desk chair. Liam raised an eyebrow at me. "Did you really go on a first date with Jordan the other day?" I didn't answer him but I shot him my most sarcastic face that told him the answer he already knew himself.

"You're so frustrating" I blurted out, oh no I felt a rant coming on. Liam looked at me through shocked eyes. "You've really let me in these past few weeks, really opened up about things. But then others times you are so closed off. If you were never going to meet with Jill why did you make me tell you to stay?" His mouth formed a little 'o' at how out-of-the-blue my outburst was, but I continued anyway. "And then you sit there on that thing, typing to someone when you're meant to be hanging out with me. Who is it this time? Jill? Ruby? Cindy?"

Liam ran his fingers through the chestnut strands that flopped loosely across his forehead. "You're feeling a little needy today, huh? He replied quietly.

It made me feel small and I could sense the pink flushing into my cheeks. He was right, I was feeling needy, that's not like me at all. I just couldn't bare his attention being on some other girl when he was meant to be hanging out with me. I tore my eyes away from Liam, knowing I was being pathetic.

"Here." Liam handed me his phone and I squinted my brows in confusion. "55388, same as my locker combination." He nodded in the direction of his phone telling me to take it. I took it but I looked at him unsure.