Chapter 8: Coming out

For the next two days, Quinton and Ryan managed to keep their relationship pretty hidden. They would sneak in each other's room when everyone else was asleep, and make sure that they were never seen leaving a bedroom together. They were even avoiding being too touchy around each other when the boys were with them. But one morning, Quinton woke up and Ryan wasn't in bed. He found it pretty weird, so he quickly put on some pants and went looking for his boyfriend. Eventually, he found him in the kitchen, sitting at the kitchen island. No one else was in the room so Quinton wrapped his arms around Ryan's waist, making him grin, and kissed his cheek. "Morning. Ryan breathed out.

-Hey." Quinton whispered in the brown-haired boy's ear. He then took a bowl of cereal and sat on Ryan's lap, putting his cereal bowl on the kitchen island in front of him. Ryan wrapped his arms around Quinton and his boyfriend wrapped his arms around his neck. They were lost in each other's eyes when Bryce and Griffin suddenly entered the room. "What's going on here? Griffin laughed. Both of the boys turned their heads towards Griff.

-Huh... Nothing... Quinton replied unsurely. They've been caught, Ryan thought. He looked at Quinton trying to see if he wanted to tell the boys they were dating. Griff can you gather everyone in the living room? The brown-eyed boy asked while getting off of his boyfriend's lap.

-Sure. Griffin answer confused before exiting the kitchen followed by Bryce.

-You guys are weird. The "party animal" added before leaving.

-Are you sure about this? Ryan questioned.

-They're our friends right? Ryan nodded. So, if you're ok with it of course, yeah, I'm sure. The brown-haired boy smiled before walking up to Quinton and they kissed gently. Ryan put his hand on the other boy's cheek, rubbing it lightly with his thumb.

-Should we? He then asked, looking at the kitchen door.

-Hmm Hmm." Quinton let out while nodding lightly. So, they went to the living room. Anthony, Kio and Griffin were already there. Josh, Jaden and Bryce came in not long after Quinton and Ryan. Josh sat down on the couch next to Kio and Anthony while Jaden and Bryce stood behind the couch, leaning on it. As for Griffin, he was sitting on an armchair that was next to the couch. Now that everyone was here, Ryan was starting to feel nervous. He knew all of them were his friends, but he was still scared they weren't going to take this well. Quinton looked at Ryan, he seemed worried.

" Are you ok? He asked Ryan.

-Yeah, yeah. Go ahead. Tell them. He said in one breath.

-Yeah, tell us. What's up? Josh asked.

-Ok... Quinton took a deep breath. Kio already knows, but hum... Ryan... Ryan and I... We're... How can I put this? We're a... Thing." He faltered looking at each of the boys one by one. He then turned his gaze to his boyfriend who looked right back at him before looking at the guys. Ryan just wanted them to say something, anything! He couldn't stand not knowing what was their opinion on what Quinton just announced, but everyone stayed silent. After a few seconds, Anthony finally spoke up. " Well, I already knew something was up between the two of you so... I can't say it's a surprise. He shrugged his shoulders.

-I'm happy for you guys." Jaden said. Everyone agreed with Jaden and they stayed in the living room, talking for a while. Ryan was relieved, his friends were supportive of his relationship. What more could he ask for? Suddenly he remembered he didn't tell Max about him and Quinton. He told the guys he had something to do and quickly went upstairs to his room. As soon as he got there, he face timed his best friend. " Wassup Clementine? Max gleefully said picking up.

-Hey bro. Ryan sat down on his bed. So, I have something to tell you...

-Wait, let me guess, it's about the pic you posted yesterday on Insta isn't it? Max smirked.

-Yup. Ryan breathed.

-So who's the lucky girl? Max said teasingly

-It's... Ryan scratched his neck. It's not a girl. He nervously said.

-Not a girl? He slowly asked frowning. Ok, huuuh, a boy then. He inhaled and Ryan nodded. Is it a Sway guy?

-Yes... Ry whispered.

-Sway guy... Max seemed to be thinking. Kio?

-No, not Kio. Are saying Kio because of that picture I posted of him in the pool?

-Yeah, I don't know dude, you posted a pic of the guy. It must mean something. They both laughed.

-So if I post a picture of you, I'm into you? He teased Max.

-Nooo Ry, that's not what I said.

-Sure. Ryan laughed.

-Okay, so not Kio.

-Not Kio. Ryan repeated.

-Let's be logical then, Josh has Nessa, Anthony has Avani, Bryce is into Addison and Griffin has Dixie. So it's between Jaden, Quinton and Kio, which is out because you already said no. Wow, who could you date between Jaden and Quinton... For some reason, seeing Max struggle to find who his boyfriend was, was funny to Ryan. As Max was pondering, someone knocked on Ryan's door, making him look toward it. The person opened the door and Quinton came in, closing the door behind him. Okay, after a lot of thinking I'd say... Quinton? Max said unsure. Quinton frowned looking at Ryan.

-Me what? He said sitting next to Ryan.

-I'm right! I'm right ain't I? You're dating Ryan! Max sounded really happy to have guessed that.

-I might be. Quinton answered teasingly. His boyfriend looked at him.

-What do you mean might? Ryan frowned.

-I mean, Yes we are dating. Better ?" Ryan nodded and the three boys kept talking for a while. The day ended soon enough. Late that night, laying his bed, Quinton peacefully sleeping on his chest, Ryan was looking back on today. He couldn't be happier with how things went. He felt so lucky to have such great friends. On that thought, he fell asleep, cuddling with Quinton.

I hope you liked that chapter :)  By the way, we are going to pretend that Josh and Nessa are still dating because they were my fav Sway couple😥 On another note, I don't really know where this story is going so if you have anything you'd like to see happen in the story leave it in the comment and I might use it (I don't want to promise anything because knowing myself, I won't be able to force myself writing about something I'm not inspired about and isn't fitting the idea I have of the way I perceive the dynamic of the story, no matter how good the idea is). I love you all guys, thanks for reading my story 💛