Chapter 24: The last day of tour

The gentle sway caused by the motion of the bus, which was rocking everyone to sleep, slowly stopped as the bus driver pulled over in front of their hotel. A symphony of groans was heard when Thomas woke all of the sleepy teenagers up and asked them to get off of the bus because they had arrived at their destination. Ryan rubbed his eyes as he sat up since he was previously laying on a seat, his head on Quinton's lap. He stretched and followed the dyed-haired boy out of the bus. It was dark outside, but the air was still warm given that it was now August. Ryan quickly checked the time. It was 2:34 am. Damn Bryce and his stupid video ideas, Ryan thought as he put his phone back in his pocket and grabbed the suitcase Quinton was handing him. See, they should've gotten to their hotel way earlier, but Brycewanted to film a last clip in Nevada. The boy wanted to go to a ghost town since he read there were a few of them there, so he made some researches and found out about a ghost town called Delamar. After begging Thomas and the staff members of the tour for an hour, they caved in and accepted to drive there before they left for Arizona. Most of the other Tiktokers were excited given that none of them had ever been to a ghost town. It would have been fine if Bryce had just filmed his clip and then they had left, but of course, nothing never happened like it was planned. To get to their hotel at the time theyinitially planned, Bryce had 20 minutes to film his clip which was more than enough time. But of course, while Bryce was filming, hisfriends got bored and decided to go explore the town on their own. They saw really cool stuff and had a lot of fun. Ryan jump-scaredQuinton more than once, and each time, Quinton would hit Ryan gently, telling him something along the lines of "you're so dumb" or"stop that will you?!" which made Ryan chuckle. Once the twenty minutes were up, everyone met back at the bus and they were getting ready to leave, but Avani noticed that Payton and Jackson were missing. In fact, the two boys had walked off too far and were lost. Thankfully, after an hour and a half, James found them and they gotback to the tour bus safe and sound. They immediately left when the boys got back because they were already late, but of course, it wasn't the end of their misfortune. They had been driving for an hourwhen Bryce suddenly realized he forgot his camera in Delamar. As expected, they went back to get Bryce's camera, and a few staff members lectured Bryce. By the time they hit the road again, therewas a lot of traffic which drastically slowed them down. All of this explained why they got to the hotel so late, or rather so early. The receptionist seemed pleased to see them finally arrive. He gaveeveryone their keys and the group sleepily walked toward their rooms. As soon as Quinton opened their door, Ryan hurried to the bed and collapsed on it. He felt like he was laying on a cloud because of how comfortable this mattress was. Quinton quickly got in bed too, and they soon drifted off to sleep. When Ryan opened his eyes again, Quinton was scrolling on his phone, his back pressed against the headboard of the bed, and he was mechanically tugging on Ryan's brown hair. "What are you looking at? Ryan asked, raspiness in his voice.

-I'm just scrolling through Instagram. Quinton replied his eyes still glued on his phone. Ryan sat up and kissed his boyfriend's cheek.

-I'm hungry so I'm gonna go down to see if they still serve breakfast kay?

-It's a bit too late for breakfast babe. Quinton chuckled.

-Really? What time is it? Ryan inquired while putting on some pants.

-12:28.

-ThenI should think about getting lunch. Ryan voiced more to himself than to Quinton. His boyfriend chuckled lightheartedly.

-Yeah, we could go get some lunch if you're hungry, but we have to meet everyone at 2 pm at the venue. Quinton added.

-We should hurry then. Ryan said, putting his shoes on.

-Yeah. Quinton got up, still scrolling through Instagram. He was about to put his phone down when he saw an interesting post from Tiktokroom." Cynthia says her and Quinton talked things out and they are friends now." he read before watching the video which was a clip of a live Cynthia made.