Chapter 10

Omniscient
Houston, Texas

Nijah had walked into the gym for her 3rd period. She was extremely bored since Sekani wasn't here for first period. He was literally the only person she talked to at school. She even fell back from Yasmine a li bit. She talks to Vince too but they don't have any classes together.

"Why you looking like that?" Sekani frowned looking at Nijah and she smiled.

"Bestieee." She said jumping in his arms. After the night she stayed at his house they had gotten closer. That night just proved to Nijah that she knew Sekani was going to be there for her when she needed him or when she didn't.

"Getcho ass off me." He said pushing her.

"New best friend me please." She sighed.

"Yeah that shit sound good. Why you was looking like that?" He asked.

"Because i was extremely bored." She shrugged. "Where were you?"

"I woke up late." He shrugged sitting on the bleachers as Nijah sat next to him.

"You coming to my volleyball game?" She asked.

"When it is?"

"Today." She said in a duh tone.

"Oh, yeah ima be thea. My moms asked about you too."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but say you see her right thea." Sekani said nodding toward Malaya.

"Yeah, she's really pretty." Nijah smiled looking at her.

"Say, im finna cuff ha." He said licking his lips.

"You throwing away your man whore ways? I would love to see it." Nijah said looking at him amused. She knew her friend was a hoe hell everybody did. But like he always say...

"Not technically a hoe if ian in a committed relationship with nobody. Plus ain't my fault hoes be throwing they self at me."

"Shit, we'll see." He shrugged.

"So i think Vince, wanna try to go to another level with me but ion know yet." Nijah sighed.

"You like him?" He asked.

"I don't know just yet, he doesn't really catch my attention ya know?"

"I don't but aight." Sekani shrugged looking over at Malaya.

"Go talk to her." Nijah said nudging his arm.

"If youn get the fuck on, she'll come hollin at me watch. Then she gone ask me ta do help ha knowing damn well she ain't need my help." He said shaking his head.

"Sometimes niggas like girls approachin nem cause niggas actually like when a girl know what that want and try ta go get it." Sekani said and Nijah nodded.

"Okay I understand that but some girls are self conscious, have social anxiety, or they're scared to get rejected. That's extremely embarrassing." Nijah said.

"Niggas go through it every day. You know how many niggas get rejected onna daily basis." Sekani said looking at her like she was stupid.

"Boys have more, I don't know exactly what im trying to say without sounding sexist because im not. But boys take rejection much easier than girls. Girls tend to carry their feelings so when they go into something they're going all in so when they get rejected its like darn then their self esteem get shot down." Nijah started off.

"Okay niggas self esteem get shot down too. You say you not sexist but you sounding sexist nijah." Sekani said.

"Mmcht, see thats why im going to stop talking. Sorry if I offended you." She said leaning back in the bleachers. He frowned before looking back at her as she looked around the gym biting down on her lip.