Chapter 22

Omniscient
Houston, Texas

Nijah was finally off suspension and back at school same as Malaya. Nijah just prepared to stay in her own lane and if something happened she was going to use the things that Sekani taught her to fight back.

She walked into her first block as people looked at her some whispered, some laughed, some tended to their own business.

Sekani soon walked in after her all casual as he made his way to his seat. He looked over at Nijah and sucked his teeth.

"Why you ain't text me back ?" He asked mugging her.

"You seemed pretty busy to me." She replied.

After the whole head incident Nijah couldn't help but to take a liking into Sekani as more than her best friend. But clearly he made it known he didn't feel the same. He blamed his actions on the alcohol he had. The next day he was over at another's female house and Nijah honestly felt stupid.

She felt like she was led on. She would never let it get past that point again. Ever.

"Mmcht, what is you talking bout?" He asked.

"Nothing, what did you want?" She sighed irritated.

"Nun, I can't talk to my best friend?" He frowned.

"You could do whatever you please Sekani." She sighed watching as Malaya walked in the class. She cut her eyes at Nijah before continuing to her seat.

"I did you sum?" He asked confused.

"No, now please let me do my work in peace." She sighed.

For the remainder of the class period he finally caught the memo and left her alone. Which she was very thankful for.

Malaya and her friends would start laughing loudly to try to get Nijah's attention but she chose the better route and to ignore it.

For the remainder of the class period it went by smoothly besides the little subliminal(s) that were being thrown.

"My girl back on Campus." Mahogany boosted as Nijah walked over to their lunch table and Nijah smiled.

"Hey everybody." She waved before sitting down as Mahogany handed her an apple. Ever since before she got suspended Mahogany would always get her an apple because she knew she liked them.

"Thank you." She said politely.

"Wheres Kani?" Khloe asked.

"Probably being a hoe." Bella sighed. "I hope heon catch nothing."

"I don't know." Nijah shrugged answering Khloe's question.

"How was suspension Nijah badass?" Mj asked.

"It felt like a boring weekend." She chuckled lowly.

"Who? My weekends be lit. I woulda had a ball on suspension." Maniya said sticking her tongue out.

"Chill with that ghetto shit, come hea Nijah." Sekani said coming to the table grabbing Nijah's arm and she took and deep breath before standing up.

"You don't have to grab me." She fussed yanking her arm back leaving the others applaud by her mini attitude.

"Mmcht just come on." He said and she rolled her eyes before they walked to a corner in the cafeteria.

"Nigga always doing sum ta that girl?" Mj chuckled shaking his head.

"She gone make em regret all in due time." Mahogany said as she ate a fish stick.

"What Kj?" Nijah asked tilting her head to the side.