Chapter 17

Omniscient
Houston, Texas

"You okay?" Vince asked Nijah as they sat on the phone.

"Yeah, im fine." Nijah said giving him a small smile.

"Im finna come scoop you." Vince said and Nijah smiled.

"Okay, im about to send you my address." She said and he nodded before hanging up. Nijah sent him the address before standing up.

Since the incident and her little break down Vince really has been there for her and for that she was thankful. She hasn't really talked to Sekani either. He'll call but she would just decline. She thought about blocking him but went against it.

She got up and got dressed before doing her hair. She's been lazy these last couple of days. After her breakdown she promised her self not to cry anymore. It was now gonna be better days for her and she was speaking it into existence.

Once Nijah was dressed she went into her mirror and took a picture before sitting down waiting for Vince. She really wasn't attracted to him as much as she was should've been. In all honesty she wouldn't even call this her boyfriend. She didn't feel butterflies. She would smile because she was grateful that a guy actually took interest in her.

But she wanted to feel butterflies with somebody. She wanted a boyfriend that she doesn't have to 'oh I forgot i had a boyfriend'. She wants to be with someone who could be her safe haven and always listened to her. Something Vince had trouble doing. She would start telling him stuff and he would bring the conversation back on himself and she did not like that. At all.

 Once Vince got to Nijah's house he blew the horn letting her know he was outside

Once Vince got to Nijah's house he blew the horn letting her know he was outside. Nijah was lucky that her parents were gone because they would've probably stopped her from getting in a car with a boy. She grabbed her phone and made her way downstairs.

Once she got in the car she looked over at Vince.

"Wassup, you look good." Vince complimented and Nijah smiled.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." She tried to flirt.

"Preciate it." He said before pulling off.

"So how yo day been?" Vince asked.

"Well it ki-"

"Son guess what that nigga coach told me son." Vince said cutting her off.

"What did he say?" She asked.

"He said ima fucking ball hog. It ain't my fault if my teammates ain't thea or I can't rely in them."

"But when your a team aren't you supposed to be able to trust your teammates?" Nijah asked raising her eyebrow.

"Yeah, but it aint my fault if ion trust them niggas."