9. Paris

Have you ever felt like the world stopped? Did you ever think that you'd get to experience that? Has the thought of it got you bothered? Well, it has for me.  

I sat in a cafe close to the office since it was my break time, the whole look of this cafe gave me a warm feel. It felt so soft and comforting. The tables were teak wood and round, chairs were the same, The lamps that hung above the seating areas were a nice bronzey brown but now they were off since it was day time. the big window's outside were huge, it gave me a view to see all the people pass by the street and others catching their bus.

But what made me gag in uttermost vomit was pineapple... On my pizza! Like ew! top on that they had the guts to add slices of turkey and tomatoes! Yuck! Looking at it I don't want to eat anymore.

I picked up my coffee and walked outside the cafe after paying the addition to the cashier. The winds in California brought a sense of calmness to my mind. I was at ease. I took a few more strides and I was inside the building. Mia has some good taste in interior's I can tell you that. you won't even feel like this is a building that is used as a workplace, It feels more like a hotel. High white ceilings and white marbles floorings with black and gold lines. The moment you enter there stands a huge big desk with four different receptions behind it.

'' Good Day jade! '' Mark hollered and I passed him a warm smile.

'' Day, day mark! '' I replied.

'' Back from the cafe so soon? '' Julia claimed and I gave her a gagged reply.

'' They had pineapple in pizza! '' I assured her.

'' Boy that stinks! '' Alexia said holding up her papers in her hand.

'' New projects? '' I questioned her as I sipped my coffee

'' No, New business! '' Joshua replied from behind me coming to the desk he placed some files.

'' New business? '' I sought

'' Mia is opening an interior decorating shop in the city,'' Mark said and I looked at him with shock.

'' She never stops hustling hmm? '' I asked and they all looked at me with a tired smile.

'' Your not the only one handling things '' Julia told me and I just laughed it off.

I picked the papers on the desk and walked towards the elevator. Mark handles Mia's bars may it be any branch mark is always taking notes of the arrangements there, Julia is in charge of the restaurants, she connects calls to me and we both exchange profanities at each other when the customer's have issues. Alexia is in control of Cafe's and she sees what's best for the business, with the decorations or snacks and last but not least... Joshua, well he does more of a desk job. daily printouts, arranging meetings, directing calls and also he fills our stomaches with snacks just when we feel we might faint.

'' Ms Abdallah Please wait! '' I internally groaned at that voice.

I turned around to find black shiny shoes, a grey suit and a gold watch. Now I know what your thinking, It's gotta be a hot guy for sure... Ha sike! It wasn't.

'' Mr Wilson! What a surprise! How do I owe this favour? '' I fake chirped

'' By being my date for the gala off course! '' He told me and I scrunched my eyebrows in Confusion, Gala?

'' What gala? '' I asked him with doubt.

'' Ms Abdallah it's in Paris, the city of love. Mia is well aware of this event'' He tells me and I looked at him.

'' Oh. okay,'' I replied and looked at the papers in my hand damn they are heavy.

'' So will you be my date? '' He asked me and that seemed to snap me out of my gaze.