26. Say please?

I was walking my way back to my car feeling a pang of slight guilt in my heart that I ditched Nicholas today. I mean ma needed me and I had to be there for her. I'm sure he will understand I mean, he too has a family and he won't--

'' How's your mother? '' A deep voice from behind me spoke as I screamed and flung my purse at the man.

I immediately regretted that the moment I saw who it was.

'' Nicholas! Oh my god! I'm so sorry-- hold on! Wait a damn minute. What are you doing here! '' I asked interested in knowing what a built man like him...  was doing at the hospital parking lot with his navy cargo pants and a white t-shirt.

'' Damn woman! '' He groaned as I noticed that he clutched his nose in distress as few drops of blood fell on his white shirt.

panic immediately filled my veins as I quickly placed my hand under his chin and put his head up.

'' Don't look down! It will bleed more.'' I told him as i pulled out my water bottle which had few cubes of ice in it.

'' Did you know this was going to happen? '' He asked me smirking as I gave him a sarcastic smile and pressed the ice on his nose.

'' No, you happen to be very lucky since I was parched I had taken few ice cubes from the cafeteria before leaving,'' I told him.

'' What are you doing here? '' I asked him again as he groaned and leaned against the pillar.

'' Did you forget that my brother is a hacker.'' He answered holding the ice on the bridge of his nose.

well, that explains it.

I sighed and removed my hands from his touch as he expertly put ice on his injury himself.

'' You didn't answer my calls, neither did you reply to my messages. So I figured I'd find you by hacking your GPS signal.'' He said as he stopped looking up and brought his head down to face me.

'' I'm sorry, my mother-- umm, she needed me so I had to be there for her,'' I told him as I looked down at my feet. After a few minutes of silence, I looked up to find those chocolate eyes gazing back at me.

'' I know, I did a background check on you.'' He replied nonchalantly as he disregarded the ice onto the floor and wiped the few droplets of water on his nose.

'' You-- what?! '' I asked him shocked at his statement, I never knew my life was an open book where people would read me wantonly.

'' Don't worry, It's for security reasons.'' He assured as he placed his hand on mine and dragged me to the opposite direction away from my car.

'' Nicholas my car! '' i exclaimed and he stopped for a few minutes in and pulled out his phone dialling a number as he mumbled something in Italian to the other person on the line.

'' Don't worry, they will get your car home safely.'' He told me as I looked at him with wide eyes.

'' They?! Who they? '' I asked

'' My bodyguards.'' He replied as soon as he said that a man approached us wearing a black suit.

'' Give him your keys '' Nicholas ordered me and I looked at him with a raised brow, When he noticed that I hesitated he stood in front of my shielding my sight from the man in a black suit.

'' Give him the keys emerald.'' He whispered and I looked at him sternly as i crossed my arms.

'' Say please,'' I said as the bodyguard behind him chuckled, Nicholas whipped his head back facing him as he spoke.

'' Qualcosa che trovi divertente rodrigo? '' (Something you find funny rodrigo?)

The man who's name is rodrigo i assume replied clearing his throat '' No capo ''

'' Allora perché cazzo stavi ridendo? '' ( Then why the fuck were you laughing? ) Nicholas said angrily.

Rodrigo flinched and held his head down and said '' scusa capo '' ( Sorry capo )

What was irritating me the most was that they where speaking in bloody Italian, but it didn't take a fool to understand that Nicholas was shouting at him cause rodrigo chuckled.

'' I'm still waiting on please,'' I said tapping my foot against the ground.

Nicholas turned to me and leaned in as he whispered against the shell of my ear.

'' Give him the key's amore, or I might just key your car ''

'' Nope! Not until I hear the 'P' ending with 'e' '' I told him boldly against his ear

Nicholas leaned back as he shot me an intense stare, while Rodrigo dude behind him was still shitting himself.

'' Give Rodrigo the car keys amore... Please.'' He said as I smirked and pushed Nicholas to the side; I placed my car keys in the hands of Rodrigo before I told him.

'' Take care of my baby and I will make sure he spares your head.''

Rodrigo vigorously nodded his head as he walked away from me to my car. I turned to find a smiling Nicholas looking at me

'' We have to work on your ego,'' I told him as I grabbed him by his wrist and proceeded to find his car in such a big parking lot, he only chuckled and let me pull him around.

'' Take out? '' He asked me as I stopped in my tracks and looked at him.

'' Only if you let me pay,'' I answered.

******

The soft wind blew against us as we drove away from the city I glanced outside my window, curious to know where we were going. The slow beats of the music sent me to a passionate dreamy overdrive, I closed my eyes and relished this calm positive vibes.

But a perception suddenly invaded my thoughts, when I realized that we are driving far away from the city and more to the forest side.

'' Where are you taking me? '' I asked him with my eyes closed.

'' To meet my family,'' I immediately opened my eyes and looked at Nicholas who was busy driving.

'' What?! Why? '' I asked panicked.

'' They want to know about the girl who stole my peace.'' He said taking an abrupt turn which made me fall on to the side of my window.

'' But you said that well get a take out! '' I questioned.

'' I did? I don't remember,'' he said innocently as he looked my way.

'' Nicholas! '' I exclaimed and he laughed at my outburst.

I have no problem with meeting his family. It's just that...

THIS IS TOO EARLY!

'' I didn't bring flowers '' I told him as I starred at the trees ahead of me and the dark roadway.

'' We aren't going to a funeral emerald.'' He said as he placed his right hand on my knee. I jumped at the slight action of his and proceeded to cover my embarrassing blush all he did was give me a crooked smile.

We drove on the same path for about twenty-minutes more when i saw big golden gates ahead of me in the distance.

I knew we reached.