48. Fear

( Jade's POV )

" Now where was I? Hmmm. Ah, I've got it." Dinah exclaimed proudly sitting on the chair which her two bodyguards brought for her.

"as the obvious Giovanna failed at all the test that Guiseppe had put out for us, she didn't pick up the gun, she could protect herself. When asked about her pastimes she replied saying ' I like painting and horse riding. I laughed at my sister because I knew that I was the best suiter for Guiseppe and she wasn't or could ever be for any mafia man." Dinah spoke walking toward another painting that was on the floor.

" But guess who Giuseppe married? Giovana! can you believe it! The lion married the lamb, he said that he needed a woman who would handle his house and take care of him, not a woman who would enjoy killing other men. " she said as she took a seat on the stairs.

" I watched my sister get married to the man who I fell in love with; Giovanna knew how much I felt for Guiseppe yet she married him, she stole him from me... She ruined my life. I thought I could lure Guiseppe into seduction hoping he'd fall for me, but he was a hardcore man who was only committed to his worthless wife! I was forced to marry a man who I never loved! " Dinah continued walking back to her seat.

" It wasn't his fault Dinah he loved someone else! When you love someone no matter what you do, how far you go they will always return to you! Guiseppe loved Giovanna that's why he rejected you! he didn't want you as a wife... And I can see why." I spoke boldly.

" oh, the little birdie has started to flap its wings... I see so you know better about the dead man than me huh?" Dinah questions with amusement dancing in her voice as she wore a mocking smirk.

" No, I don't but if he rejected you then I know he was a very sensible and logical thinking man. If he chose to be faithful to his wife even though you seduced him, it shows how much he cared and loved her! You have committed a grave mistake, Dinah. Just for a mere competition to receive the best, you killed your own sister?" I questioned as I watched a dangerous glare flash in her eye her frame was shaking with anger.

" mere competition? You think my love for Guiseppe was a competition! " she roared

" Yes! I think it was because if you really loved him. You would be happy for Guiseppe and Giovanna, you would sacrifice your love for your sister! You wouldn't kill her! Just because she received a man that cherishes her better than, your husband hurt your ego? Do you know how shitty that sounds! " I barked looking at her as I struggled against the seat.

Dinah neared me with threatening strides she pulled out a lighter and smiled at me.

" you know jade, I visited an astrologer once and he told me that fire is considered a weakness for me and that I would get killed very soon... So I burned his body while he was sleeping," she spoke impatiently holding my caged hand.

" maybe he knew that your fear was the fire," I spoke boldly

Dinah bent down as she let the ropes on my leg lose and she pointed a gun to my head. The daring look in her eyes told me that I ticked her off and she was doing a great job and hiding it.

" get up." She commanded and I obliged not to want to do any funny business with her especially when she has the upper hand.

I tried to stable myself on my two feet as it felt numb and campy. Dinah nudged the gun on my hip. She silently indicated that I had to walk forward to her desired location, which was unknown to me.

Once we were out in the open, I noticed her grab me by my arm as she dragged me forward towards the swimming pool?

Ha?