41. Wrong Woman

{ Nicholas POV }

I woke up early in the morning with the sheets wrapped around me the cold bed gave me a sense of solitude, I took some time to process the events of last night and found myself alone in my bed... again.

The beast inside me was well settled and relaxed this isn't my usual self. My arm missed the embrace of the woman who I held on to, her sweet tresses against my covering and her soft-looking skin pressed against me, as she snuggled closer.

A small smile played on my lips, I realised how deeply in love I am with her. I got down from my bed and started my day off, knowing very well that the woman of my dreams had already started her's. A quick shower and one warm breakfast later, I was seated in my office.

My coffee was brewed and hot, files were laid on my desk as I pick my pen up. But my computer screen kept distracting me-- I was impatient my fingers itched to click that one button that would give my eyes the satisfaction that it craved.

Giving in to my desires I allowed myself just this once to see her.

She sat in her office wearing a grey top and navy blue skirt as she typed on her computer. Her beautiful brown hair was tied up into a bun and she had her phone buzzing next to her.

Unbothered she typed on her keyboard ignoring the distracting device, Picking up the pencil and note pad she started to sketch what I assume was a dress. I watched carefully as every stroke from her pencil created a beautiful mistake, she allowed herself to trace the perfect outline.

'' Jade! Did you get the erotic pink? '' A lady entered her office holding a plate of cookies and coffee.

'' Yes, I did. I already sent it to the designers.'' Jade responded looking up at the lady.

'' Awww Suzzy, you brought me cookies! How thoughtful, thank you.''

'' Anytime, we are having a party this Saturday. '' Suzzy said as she sat down.

'' Oh, what's the occasion? '' Jade asked taking a bite of her cookie.

'' Now I wonder why Derik is walking with a bullet on his leg,'' Marco declared walking into my office, as he placed himself down on the grey chair ahead of me.

'' He was being a bitch about the new assignment, I had to do something,'' I told him about closing my computer screen.

'' Still, watch her like a hawk huh? '' Marco cocked and placed his bloody shoes on the side of my table.

Yes.

'' Who did you kill? '' I asked looking at the dried up blood and wet mud on his shoes.

'' Not, kill but found dead. '' Marco said pulling out his phone.

'' Fratello, you have to see this,'' Lucien said walking in along with Sebastian. (Brother)

'' Athena received a coded message from a retail store two days back when I checked... It was sent by the same Mongolian assassin that was driving the red jeep.''

'' I got a similar message today as well, but the user is unknown. '' Sebastian spoke

'' Altan is dead. '' Marco said drawing his flask out

'' Who is Altan? '' I asked looking at Marco as Sebastian voiced his message that he received.

'' They are on to her, They are out for blood

Under the dark sky, they will kill the one you love

Broken promises will be marked on her skin