14. Floor.

'' How is she? '' I asked the doctor as I noticed he had some few scratch marks on his hand.

'' She is stable. But I can't seem to understand what happened to her. '' He told me as I looked at my mother from the glass window

'' She was completely fine when you left. She was very friendly to the nurse who was feeding her.'' He continued. I glanced at my mother's sleeping form, She looked peaceful and calm.

'' I'm not sure if this is any kind of information for you jade but, Your mother kept relating the words saying ' The blackfish will eat my Greenstone'. I found it very weird.'' The doctor finished.

'' The blackfish? '' I questioned and he gave me a curt nod.

'' Your mother seems to keep pet
names for everything. Do you know what the Blackfish means? '' He asked me and I thought about it for a minute.

'' Ma only calls me, greenstone, emerald, jade and my precious stone. She never calls me Blackfish.'' I answered him as the doctor hummed

'' can I see her? '' I asked him and he gave me a small smile and a soft nod.

'' Thank you,'' I replied and pushed open the doors as I saw my mothers sleeping form on the pale baby blue bed and a monitor next to her which beeped.

I took my seat on the small wooden stool near her bed and took her hand in mine. I placed a soft kiss on her palm as I then proceeded to rub my cheek. I closed my eye's and let the tear's pool out.

I couldn't bear to see her be treated like an animal with all sorts of wires on her wrists and her legs being tied to the bed. It was a brutal sight for me, I placed my hand on her feet as I saw the bruise marks on her ankles. They were colours of deep blue and purple she was struggling and she still is, I know that there is a light inside of her she only needs me to help her.

As my hand was placed on her feet I noticed the temporary tattoo's that was printed on her skin, I never brought her any of those neither did she ask me for it. It was a tattoo of a butterfly which half body and wings were black and the other was blue. It made me wonder how on earth was such a beautiful tattoo on my mother's leg and who got it for her?

She slowly started to shift as I brought my gaze up to my mother's her warm eyes looked directly at my swollen puffy ones. She slowly got up and placed her hand on my cheek, she wiped away a tear that was rolling down.

'' Stone? What happened? Why are you crying? '' She asked me panicking.

'' It's nothing ma, I was just- really worried about you,'' I told her truthfully. She looked at me with her soft eyes and stretched open her arms as I happily obliged and hugged her. We stayed like that for a few minutes just still and in a blissful embrace.

'' I missed you peaches '' Ma told me as I pulled back and saw her crying.

'' Oh, ma! I promise not to leave you and go again! I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you were calling fo---''

'' But I never called you.'' She cut me off and stared at me dead in the eye.

'' What? Ma the doctors said that you called for me and that you were restless''. I answered as her confused gaze seem to make me uneasy.

'' I was? I-I don't remember.'' She replied and held my hand tightly.

'' I got you something from home,'' I said as I wiped my tears.

'' Cookies? '' she asked me as I chuckled and took out a Tiffin box from my bag and placed it in her hands.

'' Brownies'' I declared and her lips stretched out to a big smile the spark in her eyes where back again as she quickly dived into the chocolatey goodness and moaned, sucking her fingers she feasted on the brownies I brought her.