50. The visitor

It had been four days since I was kidnapped and almost drowned to death. Four days, since I last heard from Nicholas and any of the siblings-- it was as if they fell out the face of the earth.

After Sebastian did a full check up on me, he left my house quite late in the night making sure I had a full proper meal. I stayed in bed for the next four days my body felt too weak as the fatigue took over me and knocked me out unconscious on the bed.

I've been receiving many missed calls from work, Marcia is continuously bombing my phone with text messages. I just didn't have the energy to pick them up or reply back.

Mia has been recently quite worried about my mental health and she keeps checking up on me; she sent me all sorts of comfort food and even some inspiring books to read. so I could get my mind off a few things.

Marcia wasn't having it when I didn't answer her back, so she came to pay me a visit and screamed her lungs out when she saw my house in a mess.

She left with leaving my house clean and comforting me with all her love and attention. Marcia was quite nosy when she noticed how quiet and numb I was, after an hour of questioning I just told her I had a bad dream and that moms condition wasn't getting well.

Th excuse paid off as she believed me and exchanged few words of encouragement. But maybe what I really needed now was a punching bag to throw my anger out on.

Just as I was pouring the glucose powder into my cold water I heard the TV flash a piece of upcoming news.

"Businesswoman Dinah Kristen the well-knowing fashion designer's dead body was found in her backyard as she was burned down to ashes."

The spoon fell from my hand as my eyes concentrated on the screen ahead of me.

"the report results remain private as the fifty-nine-year-olds family plead a request not to let out the savage details of her death.

According to sources, Dinah had willingly killed herself, by setting her body ablaze so that she could find a peaceful death. It is also said that the fashion designer was facing major debts which she wasn't able to pay up. Hence committed suicide.

More upcoming news after we take a short break, this is New York stories. Stay tuned."

A gasp left my lips

She deserved it.

On-time my alarm rang, which I had kept so that I would remind myself that today I had to go visit mom.

After a quick wash and refreshments, I stepped out wearing a simple blue top and black shorts, the drive to the place was quite peaceful. I didn't bother to blast music in my car which I normally do a lot.

I wasn't much in the mood to do so, maybe it was mostly because I experienced such a near-death-- that maybe some amount of silence would help me find my inner soul... that had gone into hibernation.

Once I reached the hospital, I walked towards moms room. Greeting a few doctors and nurse who knew me very well by now.

" stone! Your back!" mom exclaimed as she gave me a bright smile, but what pissed me off more was that next to her bed on the seat was none other than Nicholas!

" what are you doing here?!" I questioned clearly irritated.

" I came to meet--"

" I didn't ask you to meet my mother, your not family!" I shouted

"  Jade! Don't say such things! He is going to be a part of the family very soon." mom replied looking at him with the same smile she gave me.

" what do you mean by that?" I asked

" well Pina colada here-- sorry Nicholas has come to ask your hand in marriage!" mom said excitingly holding his hand

I--- what?

" Oh baby, I know problems occur between couples... but that doesn't mean that you break things off between both of you." mom spoke softly

She pulled out her hand and motioned me to come closer towards her, the minute I stood next to her she placed my hand in his. I watched as our hands connected and I breathed softly.

Nicholas has passed me a knowing look and breathed in. he tried to give me a small smile but failed when I glared at him. Although his eyes clearly showed how at peace he felt when he touched my skin.

" Sometimes you need to listen to the other person in order to sort your problems." mom said and I snatched my hand away from his.

Anger filled my sense's, I was upset and hurt,  I had to let it out just so that he could feel it too.

" maybe you should have done that," I stressed looking at him; Nicholas got up from his seat as he opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it.

" get out," I spoke

" Just get out and don't show me your face ever again." I declared.

The peaceful look that once appeared in his eyes changed to an expression of shock and sadness. He tried to near my hands but I stepped away from his touches.

" jade I'm sorry, I know I've put you through a lot and I know you didn't deserve it. If you could just let me speak." Nicholas meant.

" I deserve a man who will listen to me, trust me! Love me! Not call me a liar!"I let out.

" Emerald I--"

" I AM NOT YOUR EMERALD!" I shouted and watched as my mother slightly winced.

Nicholas stood still in his place as his stare took on and stood straight. His eyes held a certain pain that ripped my heart? I couldn't help but let the tears, that I choked flow out of my eyes.

" after all you put me through you have the audacity to ask my hand in marriage!? Have you lost it? Why would I marry a man who placed--- who couldn't trust me because of his ego." I let out holding my breath.

" jade we can talk this out," Nicholas replied calmly

" No, I don't want to talk this out. You asked me for a second chance once and I gave it to you. I told you if you screw up now, I won't bother to erase you out of my life." I seethed

" please leave Nicholas... just leave." I asserted as I turned my face away from him and bite my lip as I choked in a sob.

I heard a few footsteps near me; I could feel the presence of a hand on my shoulder but it wasn't placed.

" I'm sorry for all the trouble. You will no longer hear from me now." Nicholas spoke the last time and I swear I could hear his voice crack in the end.

Once I heard the door close a sob broke out of me as I cried heavily.

Nicholas Celso was forever gone from my life.