24. Kill or to be Killed?

'' Well, Well, Well if it isn't the Italian man with his bride''

A voice broke out and I was placed in a fraction of a second behind the strong built back of Nicholas. My eyes drifted to the man in front of me who had a neat shave, his attire was moaning blood red. His goring blue eyes were equipped on me as I throbbed in anxiety and clutched onto the cotton shirt which Nicholas wore.

Compared to my fragile frame, Nicholas appeared quite calm and concocted he didn't show indications of rigidness or panic. His muscles were not even tensed and his posture seemed so relaxed as if the man who was in front of us meant no threat.

'' Still eyeing my business, Cobra? '' Nicholas boldly announced as the man in front of him chuckled darkly.

'' No, I'm just eyeing your woman '' Cobra answered back, shamelessly his eyes travelled towards me but Nicholas took my hand in his and brought me to his side; he protectively placed his palm on my waist.

The man whose name was cobra took a step forward as his eyes lusted on my body for an extended time. I could feel the burning gaze of his sight undress me and expose me completely naked to his tainted imagination.

'' She is a fine one indeed. How much did you pay for her? '' Cobra asked as he licked his lips and took a step forward towards me

'' Touch her and I will blow your brains. '' Nicholas declared strongly as he pulled out Selena from the waistband of his pants and placed it right at the centre of Cobras head.

well shit

'' ooh looks like Little Nicky has found a new toy to play with? Huh?'' Cobra mocked as he smiled.

But what I feared most was the men that started to pile behind cobra and slowly five men were already assembled and had their guns placed in their hands.

'' Nicholas '' I whispered which sounded like a smothered duckling.

'' Now let's settle the score Nicholas, how about you give me the pretty lady and I spare your life or I take her--'' Cobra didn't get to finish his words as Nicholas interrupted him.

'' I don't settle scores.'' Nicholas declared as the five men fell to the ground as blood seeped out from the side of their necks and from the front of their head as the bullet skillfully pierced their soft flesh and ended their lives in one second. I yelped and held on to Nicholas in fear, to my uttermost ridicule Nicholas only placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

'' And my woman is priceless.'' He said

This would sound romantic if situations where different.

Cobra stood appalled as he turned to find his men perished and lifeless on the ground with their blood varnishing the spot. He turned with fury in his eyes he placed his gun directing it towards my forehead, ready to kill me but before he could pull the trigger his hand was shot. I covered my mouth with my hands to stop an eerie scream that threatened to come out from my lips.

Cobra groaned in pain as he held on to his right hand that had blood oozing out from it and dribbling to the floor. His gun was abandoned to the side the minute he was shot.

'' You raised your gun on me for a whore?! '' He asked Nicholas in grievous agony.

Nicholas left my side as he knelt down near cobra as he observed his facial appearance become sweaty and hot. He trailed the peak of his gun from the top of cobras temples to his lips as he inserted the gun in his mouth. Fear was evident in cobras eyes as he frantically tried to find an easy escape.

'' You disrespect me and my woman,'' Nicholas said as he pulled the gun out from the man's mouth and placed it next to his white shoes.

Nicholas then proceeded to draw out a pocket knife which was placed at the sides of his jeans tearing open the cloth apart from his pants, He places the black knife near cobras throat.

'' Who sent you? '' Nicholas asked in a deathly manner which had me shivering.

'' Omerta '' Cobra replied as he gave Nicholas a wicked smile and spat on his face.

My feet were trembling and my palms grew sweaty, The ice cream which was now in my hand was melting and dripping down my my fingers. I didn't know which one of the men in front of me was scary because as seconds passed they both turned out to be even scarier than the other.

Nicholas clicked his tongue the insult was not gone missed by him as he chuckled darkly and grabbed the blood-red coat which cobra was wearing and wiped the spit off his cheek. He pulled out cobra's tongue with his fingers and placed the knife under his tongue.

'' I'll have fun ripping your flesh apart.'' He informed and in a fraction of a second, Cobra's tongue was cut off from his mouth as a piercing scream erupted from his vocal cords and his plea's where contaminating the night

I closed my eyes as I turned away from the scene, My breathing was haywire as my heart was beating at a very fast rate. I could hear the painful moans and torment Cobra felt, my body turned hot with my eyes closed I could hear the screeching of a car after a few minutes.

'' Clear this mess. '' Nicholas said

I still could hear cobra's raw cries as I heard him being dragged away until I heard the door of the car shut and take off. I could hear Nicholas approach me as each of his footsteps created an increasing thump in my heart.

'' Emerald'' He whispered against me, his body warmth set an ignition to mine as I opened my eyes and breathed.

I turned around to find Nicholas wiping the bloodstains on his cheek with a wet wipe. His eyes were set on me as I followed each and every movement of his.

'' Y-You k-killed--''

'' Would you prefer to be killed? '' He asked me coldly as I felt the electricity of shock go up to my spine.

'' N-no but--''

Nicholas stepped closer towards me as he placed his hand on my waist and brought me closer to him. He placed a hand on my cheek and looked me in the eyes.

'' Emerald, there is no way out. It's either you kill or get killed.'' He told me as he placed a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

My heart kept thumping and it didn't take no for an answer to stop, I placed my hand on my heart as slowly tried to calm my breathing. My mind was racing with dreadful thoughts I just couldn't accept what I had just witnessed in front of me. This action of mine didn't seem to go unnoticed by Nicholas as he placed soft open mouth kisses on my neck.

My heartfelt like it was suffocating and it could explode in any moment now.

'' W-What are you d-doing? '' I asked him although I meant for that to come out boldly after what I testified, I appeared more like a frightened rabbit.

'' Distracting you.'' He stared blankly as he continued to place kisses on my neck trailing them up towards my ear and back down to the crook of my neck. I tried to suppress the moan that was threatening to come out from my erring lips. This action of his sent cold chills throughout my body which made me a bit free and light.

'' N-Nicholas '' I cluttered out as I grabbed on to the collars of his shirt.

'' What is it amore? '' He asked in a rush as my fingers gripped the dark brown strands of his hair as I pulled them when he sucked a bit harshly on my sensitive skin.

'' I-I-''

'' You what? '' He asked irritated probably cause I was killing the mood for him

'' I want...'' I trailed as I pulled him even closer to me making sure there was no space between us. Each and every part of our body was touching each other as the fire in my chest rubbed on to him.

'' Tell me what you want baby.'' He said huskily and softly nipped the shell of my ear.

'' I want... Ice cream.'' I said this seized all his movement against my neck as he pulled back and faced me.

'' Ice cream? '' He asked as confusion pricked his facial features and a shy smiled craved on to my face.

'' Ice cream,'' I replied sheepishly