56. Union

The bristles softly brushed along my face as multiple hands worked on my skin. After my makeup was done I glanced at myself in the mirror, I looked happy but there was a slight crease of anxiety itched on my face.

I feel every girl goes through some part of anxiety when she gets married, mostly you lose your singleness and many times you compromise for something which you shouldn't.

Growing up I've seen my parents fight and get physically violent with each other. One of the biggest scars that have forever tainted my life would be... Marriage.

Even though I know and love Nicholas I can't help but have some uncertainty in my heart. If I change my mind now about the wedding, it won't take Nicholas a few minutes to call off the wedding.

The white lace settled on my skin like the snow soft and subtle. My dress flowed down to my feet, I stood patiently as Athena adjusted my trail on the floor and my hairpin.

once I wore my white heels I made a prayer to God, hoping that he wouldn't let me fall at least today.

" you look beautiful," Athena said holding my bouquet.

" really?" I asked looking at myself in the mirror once again.

"Off-course, Nicholas will be running for the hills." Marcia Hollered as she walked in with a big belly.

" how's little Nicolo, keeping up?" I asked

" he's just jumping around morning, evening, night," Marcia replied nonchalantly

" But I love him regardless..." Marcia added placing her hand on her swollen belly as she softly smoothed it.

" how's Alejandro?" Athena asked holding up a glass of water for her when Marcia went to grab the juice.

" stuck with a stick up his ass," Marcia answered drinking the water.

I softly giggled knowing how Alejandro can sometimes get frustrated with Marcia's late-night cravings.

" give him a break Marcia," I told her

" break? He was the one who—"

" weren't you the one who jumped on his bones, when you were out cold drunk?" I questioned

" well, it was supposed to be angry sex! Not oh let's get an old woman pregnant!" She grumbled.

" Marcia there is no need to be so worked up about it! Some couples have children when they're sixty!" I replied.

" I didn't wanna be one of them." She said

" shut up! Do you want this baby or not?" I asked getting upset with her.

" yes, off-course!" She replied without hesitancy

" then stop thinking so negative! You need to give Alejandro and you a chance!" I expressed holding her hand as she cried.

" I never knew when you became so wise," Marcia answered snuffing, I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

" I was always the wise one!" I replied.

" Are we ready?" Sebastian asked as he peeked through the door.

I smiled at him as he checked me out in shock and admiration. Sebastian let out his hand for me to grab.

Once I interwind our arms together he gave me a thumbs up and we proceeded to walk out.

The church was decorated with white flowers and green ribbons, I watched as Alejandro walked towards me and held his hand out for me to hold.

" are you sure you want to do this?" Alejandro questioned

" yea." I answered shortly.

" you can always run away with me." he chimed as I chuckled.

" I can... But I don't want a crazy pregnant woman running after me." I answered as Alejandro gave me a short chuckle.

I glanced ahead as I saw the door open and revealed to be the last opportunity to seal my fate forever.

The priest stood in his holy presence and next to him was the man who maintained his hard stare at me.

I watched as Nicholas stood tall and board with a smirk that itched onto his face. He glanced at the bouquet in my hand and back to me. His eyes roamed every inch of my body as he feasted on the white lace.

" you look elegantly gorgeous," Nicholas said as we stood opposite each other.

" Today we gather here in the holy presence of God the father, son and the holy spirit. To unite two wonderful souls. Jade and Nicholas." the priest spoke holding the mic.

" As both have decided to join together their hearts in this holy ceremony of marriage. After waiting on the right time and moment, they stand together before each other with the promise of togetherness for the rest of their lives." the priest added.

Lucien walked forward with the rings which were placed on a soft heart-shaped pillow.

Nicholas held my hands in his as I gave him a questioning look

" strawberry? Cherry? Vanilla? Chocolate? Which do you prefer?" he whispered as a short gasp left my lips. The priest who stood before us couldn't help but choked as a red colour coated his cheeks.

" whoever wished to oppose or stand against the union of this couple, may they speak in the presence of God right now."
I watched as Nicholas's eyes were stuck on Marco who held his gun in his hands and gazed around the room.

The priest was unaware of the man I was marrying.

" These rings are symbols of a strong bond. Like these rings may your marriage be fruitful and strong! I asked upon you, Nicholas... Do you take Jade Emma Abdallah to be your lawfully wedded wife?" the priest questioned

" I do," Nicholas answered.

" Jade, do you take Nicholas Celso to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

" I do."

The loud cheer of the crowd sent of the wedding bells as everyone had joyful and happy tears.

" you may kiss the bride." the priest spoke closing the book in his hands as he smiled towards Nicholas.

" he said only a kiss, Nicholas," I told Nicholas as he gave me a lopsided grin

" And who is going to stop me?" he replied placing his hand around my waist

" your beautiful wife," I said while smirking at my now-husband.

the moment our lips touched I felt a sense of peace rush through me and I knew that from this moment onward; I was tied to him forever and no power on earth could separate the love we have for each other.

" I love you so much emerald," Nicholas whispered against my lips as he pulled back.

" I love you too Nicholas," I replied and pressed our forehead to each other.

" I can't wait to rip that dress off you," Nicholas said as he tucked a loose curl behind my ear.

I blushed a crimson red as I tried not to expose much of a reaction to him.

" animal," I commented as the look in his eyes changed into a challenging one.

" you know what they say. Animal on the street, freak in the sheets," he answered as I chuckled and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

As we walked down the aisle I watched our intertwined hands as they joined in a firm yet loving hold.

We have come such a long way and now there is no turning back... As I am officially

Mrs Jade Nicholas Celso.

His Wife

&

His Emerald!

~ THE END ~