47. Split up

( Nicholas POV )

'' played as kids? '' Marco thought as he tried to figure the riddle out just like the rest of us.

'' She didn't listen to me and walked out of the room. I told her that she won't survive now she's in danger.'' Alejandro added.

'' '' Come to the place where you played as a child.

Under the moonlight, your reflection will shine like art.

Come soon my darling or your beloved jade will be ripped apart.'' Lucien repeated as he typed on his keyboard.

'' Our ancestral home.'' Athena walked in holding her handbag.

'' 'come to the place you played as kids',' every reflection is a work of art' mom placed paintings and decorations of the mirrors in our house, she said that whenever we'd look in those mirrors we should remember ourself's and who we are, not what the world calls us. '' Athena completed as she stood directly in front of Alejandro with tear's streaming down her face bitterly.

'' ciao Padrino '' She whispered as she clutched onto Alejandro ( Hello godfather).

'' Oh, mia dolce ragazza, sei mancato! '' He started holding on to her tighter than ever before. (Oh, my sweet girl, I missed you!)

" I missed you more! I'm so sorry... I have no words." Athena cried holding on to Alejandro.

" As much as I love my family, we don't need more melodrama at this point. We have a fish to catch." Marco started picking up his gun and knife.

" but this could also be a possibility that she is trying to distract us to another location," Sebastian spoke as he looked down at the areas.

" there is a high chance for that," Lucien said looking at me.

" even if she would have to take jade elsewhere, I don't see any open place for her too?" Marco spoke

" well there are possible places, keep in mind she was in the mafia way before you. She is a trainer killer and knows how to wipe her steps carefully." Alejandro said firmly.

" Mama's favourite place! The Greenwood forest!" Athena spoke with a revelation gleam in her eyes.

" that's possible too! Last time she killed Altan at the same place!" Sebastian hollered.

" with the cameras around the city; she can't surpass my technical abilities!" Lucien said folding his arms proudly.

" Fratello, what do you think? " Athena asked placing her hand on my shoulder.

" She is not stupid, if she indirectly gave us a clue that means she has backup ready," I answered.

" what do we---" seb was cut off as Marco spoke

" Oh shut up with that ' what do we do now ' phrase. Sounds so fucking worthless, we obviously split up!" Marco hollered growling at Sebastian

" you still put up with them?" Alejandro asked with pursuit in his voice.

" you have no clue," I replied rolling my eyes which caused him to chuckle.

" Ragazzo! Let's split up! Sebastian, Lucien and I will search the forests because like before she might use Giovanna's favourite place to kill. " Alejandro declared as he pointed towards the greenwood forest on the map.

" Marco, Athena and I will visit the ancestral mansion." I proclaimed

" Lucien gets the cars fired, I'm getting my woman back," I spoke giving Alejandro a soft nod as we both walked out towards my garage.