•°•°• Ch18: The Package •°•°•

Sophia's POV:

I opened my eyes as I felt something poking me. Alex was standing next to my bed with a serious look on his face.

"Get up. Mason and the others are waiting for you downstairs in the living room" He said.

And just like that he left without saying any other word. Usually Alex would use this opportunity to prank me or throw me into the pool or whatever tricks he has up his sleeves, but this time he looked so serious and angry?

Events of yesterday came back crashing at me as my head was pounding. Of course that's why Alex was acting like this, he must be really mad at me. If that's how 'Alex' reacted I don't wanna know how the others will react.

I took the pain killers that Luke placed next to my bed yesterday, and gulped them down with some water. I then took a warm shower ,brushed my teeth, threw on some black leggings with a plane white shirt and headed downstairs.

As I reached the living room I took a deep breath preparing myself for the storm that was waiting for me. I entered the room and spotted Mason, Jason,Cole and Luke who were talking among themselves but stopped the moment I stepped in the living room.

"G-Good morning"  Why the hell did I stutter?
Maybe because you know you're in big trouble. My inner self scolded me.

"Sit" Mason ordered with a blank face.

I gulped down and took a seat on one of the couches. While Mason had a blank face, Jason had an angry face, as for Cole and Luke they had a look of disappointment which made me regret sneaking out yesterday. I wonder where Ella is and how Liam reacted to what we did.

"Well? Anything you want to say?" Mason asked.

I sighed and nodded " I'm sorry" I said before adding " I shouldn't have left without your permission, it won't happen again "

"Of course it will not" Jason scoffed and said under his breath but i heard him.

"Sorry is not enough and it's not gonna change anything" Mason said calmly.

I just looked at the floor holding my tears that were threatening to fall. I'm not a cry baby but I've always hated when my brothers confronted me about something wrong I did, and I sure as hell hate making them disappointed, after all they're the ones who raised me, protected me and stood by my side after my parents death.

"Why did you do it?" Luke asked " Why did you sneak out?" He added.

"I.. " Should i tell them that Ella made me? No, I can't just snitch on her. " I just wanted to go to the party with Alex, Will and Elijah but they didn't allow me, so I convinced Ella to sneak out" I lied.

"You broke our trust!" Jason exclaimed.

" Did you ever ask for something and we didn't bring it to you? Did we ever prevent you from anything, unless it's dangerous or not good for you?" Cole added.

"You didn't!" I shouted then lowered my voice  " And I'm really thankful for all of you. It's just you're all so overprotective, I know it's for my own sake,but it's just to much sometimes" I said looking in their eyes " I'm not a baby anymore, I'm 16 soon to be 17 and you have to give me some space and let me live a little ".

" We're sorry if that's what you feel but we can't change anything, you know that we're in the mafia now and that we have a lot of enemies who might use you against us, cause you are our weaknesses Sophia" Luke said softly.

"You might not believe us or understand why we're that strict, but let me tell you Sophia it's all for your own safety" Mason added.

"I don't hate that you went behind our backs and snuck out ,as much as i hate the thought that you spent the night with fucking Ace, the same person that I warned you about thousands of times" Jason said gritting his teeth " And then he drives you back home , in your drunken state, and on top of it you have the audacity to defend him in front of me ,especially after what he did to Cole and to you".