•°•°• Ch30: Getting Along •°•°•

Ace's POV 🔱

I was hugging Audrey sideways as we made our way outside the cabin. She didn't say any word to me yet, she just hugged me back. I don't know whether I should hate this day for all the shit that happened or love it for finally being reunited with my sister.

Sophia's sniffles was the only sound heard as she grieved for the loss of Rick. I didn't know him personally but from what I saw I can surely tell that he was a great person.

I wanted to hug Sophia and console her but by the way Jason was holding her I knew he'd beat me up if I took one step towards her. The paramedics took Rick in the ambulance as we waited for the bodyguards to bring our cars .

"Ace" Audrey called me as I glanced down at her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"What will happen to me now? Will you send me back to my foster family?" She asked.

My heart broke into thousand pieces as I heard her question " No, no Audrey you'll stay with me from now on" .

She just nodded her head and looked at the ground " Look at me Audrey " I said as I grabbed her chin gently and made her look at me " I will NEVER EVER leave you again do you understand. A lot of things happened that forced me to send you away but I had too for your own sake. We'll talk about this later okay?" I said.

"Okay" She said with a small smile.

"I love you sis" I said kissing her forehead.

"I love you too bro " She said hugging me.

"Ace" Mason said clearing his throat " I'll be expecting you tomorrow to talk further about-" He glanced at Audrey before continuing " You know what" To which I nodded.

"Umm thank you for saving me " Audrey said shyly as her cheeks became rosy. She looks so cute when she's shy.

Mason nodded at her and headed to his car. I met Sophia's Puffy eyes as she entered the car with Mason and Jason while the others headed to the other cars. Jake pulled up his car in front of us as he ushered us to get in.

"You know I'm the one responsible for saving you right? If it wasn't for me they would've never found you" I said as we buckled up.

Jake coughed as he muttered 'right' under his breath but we heard it. I glared at his head as Audrey giggled beside me.

"I'm Jake by the way, this idiot's best friend" Jake said looking at Audrey through the mirror.

"Um hey I'm Audrey uh.. Ace's sister . You probably know that already" Audrey said.

It was silent after that before Audrey asked " Uh Ace can I um meet my step brother tomorrow? He's leaving for college tomorrow and I really want to say goodbye " .

"No he doesn't deserve that after what they did to you" I said.

"But he's not bad I swear, he tried to defend me but they hit him on his head" Audrey said.

I still didn't agree until she gave me those puppy eyes and said 'please'. Ugh she already has me wrapped around her finger.