•°•°• Ch21: Lukie Pookie •°•°•

Sophia's POV ☁

Beep!

Oh shit! I forgot the cupcakes. I rushed towards the oven and slammed it open as it was clouded with smoke. The smell of the now burned cupcakes hits my nostrils to which I scrunch my nose.

You might be wondering why the hell I'm standing in the kitchen , at six in the morning, surrounded by smoke. Well let me explain.

Since today is Luke's birthday I decided to bake him some cupcakes , but my stupid ass got distracted by '21 Jump Street ' that was currently playing on the television.

And why am I baking at this early hour when not even the birds are up yet? I wanted to give the cupcakes to Luke the second he opens his eyes and since I have school today , and since Mason didn't allow me to skip today, I had to wake up at five in the morning so that it'll be done before Luke wakes up.

But with my amazing skills, note the sarcasm, I managed to burn them. Ugh! What am i supposed to do now?

"Princess? Why are you up so early? And why does the kitchen smell like smoke?" Someone said behind me and with my luck it was the birthday boy himself.

"Uh Luke hey, why are you up early?" I asked, trying to dodge his questions.

"I was awoken by the noises that were coming out of the kitchen" Luke replied, raising his eyebrow before adding " What are you doing ?"

I sighed before answering " I woke up early in hopes of baking you some cupcakes since it's your birthday, but then I sorta got distracted and they burned."

Luke hugged before pulling back and looking at my face " It's okay princess, It's the thought that matters" He said.

"Yeah but I really wanted to surprise you" I said, pouting.

" Hmm what if we bake more cupcakes together?" He questioned.

"Really?" I asked excitedly.

Luke nodded before saying " But we have to work fast so that you won't be late. We still have an hour before you have to get ready ".

I nodded at him before launching myself at him hugging him tightly " Happy birthday Lukie pookie". Luke chuckled at the nickname, the same nickname I used to call him when I was five years old. Honestly I don't even know why I used to call him that.

After half an hour the cupcakes were already placed in the oven , what can I say Luke is a pretty good chef.

"Good morning angel" Brent said, entering the kitchen before kissing my forehead.I smiled at him and replied with a 'Good morning'.

"What is this horrible smell?" Brent asked, scrunching his nose like I did earlier.

" Sophia was 'trying' to bake some cupcakes but she burnt the hell out of them, this was approximately an hour ago but the smell is still stuck here" Luke said emphasizing the word 'trying' .

Brent started laughing before muffling my hair to which I frowned " It's not funny" I said.

Brent kept laughing while looking amused. Finally he stopped laughing before he said teasingly " Well you're not allowed to cook or bake alone anymore, because you obviously suck at this and we don't want our house to explode"

I glared at him and stuck my tongue out at him childishly. When he started laughing again, Luke joined him this time, I grabbed a handful of flour and threw it right at their faces.

They both stopped laughing and gasped before glaring at me " You did not just do this " Brent said, shocked.

"Oh I did" I shot back at him. They both shared a look before launching at me. Oh crap!