Chapter Five Show Off

The man leads them through the oddly dressed people. Lorelei and Finnick glanced around, tensing their shoulders. Their feet pat against the gravel and sand that had been placed around.

"Damn this place is weird," Finnick murmured to Lorelei who nodded.

The man glanced over his shoulder, chuckling.

"We have been thriving ever since the zombies began to crush humanity,"  He simply explained.

"I can tell, you guys have a whole village," Hannah looked around, amazed.

"Indeed we do. We have farms further back and we have small shops. We also have our own currency," He spoke as he entered a tent. 

"Show off," Lorelei murmured.

"Jealous much?"Finnick chuckled glancing at her.

"Here, I'll make some tea, take a seat," He motioned to a short Japanese style table which seemed to have cushions stuffed with straw sat around the table.

Lorelei and Finnick exchanged glanced before looking at Hannah and her group who were already sat down.

"Great," Lorelei murmured as she and Finnick sat.

"So you guys are Hunters, correct?" He rose a brow as he gave them cups of tea.

"Correct," Hannah smiled.

"Two-faced," Lorelei murmured glancing at Hannah as she took a sip of the tea.

"Oi, old man, how about some information on you?" Lorelei sat with one leg crossed and her other leg sat in a position where her knee was the highest point.

"Well, I'm simply the chief of the village formally known as Gnaf," He smiled.

"The hell kind of name is Gnaf?" Lorelei rose a brow.

"Lorelei," Finnick snapped, elbowing her.

"Aye, it's a good question," Lorelei argued.

Finnick let out a sigh.

"Can me and Lorelei go around questioning the people of this village?"

"Go right ahead," Gnaf smiled.

Lorelei and Finnick stood, walking out.

"Seriously, who names their son Gnaf?" Lorelei asked.

"Lorelei, be polite for a second," Finnick huffed.

Lorelei paused for a moment before speaking,
"It's been a second,"

"Jesus Christ, how much alcohol did you chug down before this?" Finnick looked at her.

"I had just a shot of whiskey so fight me!" Lorelei defended.

"Lord," Finnick rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"I prefer Lorelei not Lord,"

"I'm going to smack you," Finnick stared at her.

"That's rude," Lorelei pouted

"Exactly,"

They headed to middle aged woman who stood as her son tugged at her skirt as she got water from the well.

"Hello Ma'am, may we chat with you?" Finnick walked over.

The woman turned. She had bags that could fit groceries under her eyes and wrinkles covering her face. Her long black hair had thick strands of silver embeded in them.

"of course," She had a bit of a brazillion accent as she sat down the bucket on the edge of the well.

"Sam, stop it," She grabbed the hand of the kid who turned.

Lorelei looked at the kid who looked at her back. The child tilted his head as Lorelei knelt down.

"Why aren't you adorable," She poked the kid on the freckled button nose.

The kid sneezed.

"I'm Finnick and this is my partner Lorelei, we're hunters looking for people to bring to the islands without zombies," Finnick explained as Lorelei and the child had a staring contest.

"I see...." The woman nibbled at her lip.

"Would you and any other family members be interested in coming?" Finnick asked.

The woman paused for a moment her chocolatey eyes dulling as she thought.

"Yes we would," She looked at Finnick.

"Alright, I need for you to be ready by tomorrow morning," He explained to the woman who nodded.

"Finnick, Lorelei!"

The two hunters stood, turning to see hannah panicking as she ran to them.

"What's wrong?" Finnick stepped forward.

"There's a hoard heading here, it should be here by dinner. We need to get everyone on the helicopters before tomorrow,"