Chapter Sixteen Office

Lorelei sat in her and Finnick's room laying on the bed. She stared at the wall curled up.

"Sheesh, what's wrong with Lorelei? I tried laying a bottle of rum outside the door and she hasn't grabbed it," Amy stared at the door.

"She's being a bitch," Finnick leaned back with his arms crossed.

"What's wrong with you two?" Andrea asked as she cut vegetables in the kitchen.

"Nothing," Finnick glanced at her.

"They must've gotten in a catfight, I'll go talk to Lorelei," Amy smiled walking before Finnick spoke.

"It isn't worth it, Amy," He stood.

"She's just a shit-bag, don't waste your time," He walked out of the apartment.

Amy and Andrea exchanged glances as Amy creaked open Lorelei's bedroom door.

"Lorelei?" Amy looked at Lorelei who lay covered in soft white blankets.

"Lorelei isn't here right now, leave a message after the beep," Lorelei traced her hand along the wall.

"Come on, Lorelei," Amy walked and sat down on the bed.

"You and Finnick are inseparable, what happened?" Amy brushed a strand of purple hair out of Lorelei's face.

"He made me fail," Lorelei sat up.

She looked so weak, she was dressed in a large white T-Shirt giving her a skinny appearance.

"Fail? He'd never let you fail," Amy let out a laugh.

"But he did, they're dead because he dragged me away, I could've handled them, Amy," Lorelei looked at Amy her stormy grey eyes piercing Amy's soul.

"So that's what this is about, Commander Ain told us about this. Lorelei, you're a strong woman but you still wouldn't be able to face off that hoard," Amy placed a hand on Lorelei's.

"Yes I could," Lorelei clenched her teeth.

"If you just came in here to criticize me then get out," She quickly turned her head to Amy.

"Fine," Amy stood, walking out of the room.

Finnick walked down the hall staring forward. He stepped down the steps and left the building, the sun beamed down on him. He sat down on a small bench outside and enjoyed the sunlight.

Lorelei lay down and continued to trace the wall.

"Dumb wall," She kicked the wall.

"Ow-," She grabbed her foot.

"Kicking the wall isn't gonna help," Andrea walked in, her long black braid falling against her back.

"How would you know," Lorelei glared over her shoulder.

"Because," Andrea calmly walked over and smacked Lorelei.

"You and Finnick aren't supposed to be like this it's making me and Amy uncomfortable," Andrea crossed her arms.

Lorelei groaned, sitting up and looking at Andrea.

"He forced us to abandon a mission," Lorelei stared up at Andrea.

"Even Commander Ain agreed that it was impossible to complete the mission. They dropped off a smaller bomb and took out the children quickly as you two left. If you were to have continued to fight it would've made them suffer,"

Lorelei grumbled, standing. She slid on her sweatshirt and walked out, grabbing the bottle of alcohol off the ground. She popped it open and walked over to the couch, collapsing.

"Oi, Lorelei," Finnick walked into the room.

"Sorry for just trying to help," He walked over and sat down next to her.

"Whatever," She downed some of the alcohol.

"How long do you plan on staying mad at me for?" Finnick leaned back on the couch.

Lorelei shrugged.

"Commander Ain wants you two," Amy hummed as she walked over.

"Who's ready to get yelled at?" Finnick glanced at Lorelei who gave in, chuckling as she high-fived him.

He pulled her up and the two walked out of the apartment.

"Did Andrea explain or-" Finnick walked with his arms rested against the back of his head.

"I guess," Lorelei crossed her arms.

The two hunters walked into the large, clean office. Bookshelves covered the walls and Commander Ain sat at his desk, sipping a cup of coffee.