Chapter Nineteen I Love You, Lorelei

Lorelei sat in Amy and Andrea's hotel room as Amy ran a brush through Lorelei's hair.

"I can't wait!" Amy smiled, excited.

To celebrate their vacation the owners of the hotel put on a dance. Amy took this very seriously, almost like a highschool girl ready for prom. Amy was already dressed in a light pink dress. It had glitter occasionally appearing in the tool skirt, the top of the dress was separated from the skirt with a ribbon, mainly hiding a few sequins that dragged onto the skirt. Amy finished braiding Lorelei's hair and placed it into a bun. She tucked a fake rose covered in gold paint and smiled.

"There," She pats Lorelei on the shoulder.

Lorelei stood, she wore black slacks and a white button-down with a black vest. She had a wine red tie with golden roses embroider on it tucked inside of the vest. She walked as she slid on black dress shoes. She was never one to wear a dress, even at her first prom she wore a suit. She turned to Amy who was frantically covering up the W-569 tattooed on her shoulder. 

"You dab it, don't rub the foundation," Lorelei walked overtaking the small sponge and carefully tapping the tattoo away.

"Oh," Amy murmured as Lorelei handed the sponge back.

"Anyway, I'm heading down there to get first grabs on the alcohol," Lorelei walked, grabbing her tablet scroll and sliding it into her pocket.

"Alright, whatever floats your boat," Amy shrugged, walking to find Andrea.

Lorelei headed down the hall and down the grand steps. People crowded the lobby as they filled the large ballroom. 

"Damn," Lorelei grumbled as she crossed her arms.

"Oi, Lorelei!" Finnick waved to her from the doorway.

She headed over, cutting the crowd to Finnick.

"You couldn't have been the least bit quiet?" She looked at him as he guided her inside.

"Nope," He smiled, his smile was full of mischievous intent. 

She looked around. There was a large glass dome and the rest of the ceiling was covered in paintings almost like what you'd see in a cathedral. The walls had marble posts that looked almost like they were holding up the grand ceiling though Lorelei knew they were just for decor. 

"See, aren't you glad you came!" Finnick clasped his hand on her shoulder.

"I guess," Lorelei shrugged.

Finnick smiled, before getting distracted and watching off. Lorelei exhaled heading over to the bar area. She grabbed the bottle of whiskey and poured herself a glass with ice. She grumbled and walked back over so she could stay out of the way. She took a drink as the room began to fill with people. 

She noticed Amy and Andrea walking in. Andrea stood with a tall, elegance to her. Her long brown hair was braided on her shoulder and rested against her caramel skin. She wore a simple tux and stood by Amy's side. Amy excitedly dragged her off into the crowd. Lorelei sighed and looked around before Finnick popped up next to her. 

Lorelei calmly looked over as Finnick smiled. 

"Looks like someone is having a good day," She smiled back.

"I'm bored," Finnick grumbled.

"Go find Amy then," She smiled.

"Her and Andrea are all being lovey-dovey," Finnick pouted.

"Aw, you're like a little kid," Lorelei ruffled his hair.  

"Mean," Finnick stood straighter.

"You wanna ditch this place and go outside?" Finnick nodded to the door. 

"Why not," Lorelei shrugged as the two hunters left. 

The sun reflected off the water as it began to disappear. Lorelei and Finnick looked at it as they leaned against the deck. 

"Hey Lorelei," Finnick glanced at her.

"Hm?" Lorelei looked at Finnick.

He suddenly held her lips against his; Lorelei's stormy eyes widened as she slowly placed her hands on his hips. He pulled away looking at her.

"Finnick I-" She was cut off by Finnick.

"I love you, Lorelei,"